Received my Leema Pulse MkII and..

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Really enjoying it! It has smoothed out the harshness that the AV amp caused, turn it up it doesn't shout at you, still maintains the fun musical sound of the nad cd player and Dynaudio speakers. The small Excites are pumping bass more solidly than ever, surprised how solid it sounds actually, if anything a tad more bass would be nice but sounds just about right to me. Voices and soundstage are nice to anything I have compared it too anyway, Really pleased, think I am done for a while, finally happy, maybe a dynaudio focus upgrade in future...hang on didn't I just say I am done for a while... Thanks for those Especially Plastic Penguin for the great recommendation. Also Kudo's to Seven Oaks, they shipped it here to Australia quick smart, communication was excellent and I paid half of what the amp would cost me here...did I meantion I was pleased?

A

Anonymous

Glad you're liking it; it's a brilliant amp
smiley-cool.gif

Give it a good few days (maybe even a few weeks) of running in & the soundstage will calm down and everything will open up a bit more (bass will become tauter, midrange more smooth and treble nice and detailed)

ABM78 said:
Really enjoying it! It has smoothed out the harshness that the AV amp caused, turn it up it doesn't shout at you, still maintains the fun musical sound of the nad cd player and Dynaudio speakers. The small Excites are pumping bass more solidly than ever, surprised how solid it sounds actually, if anything a tad more bass would be nice but sounds just about right to me. Voices and soundstage are nice to anything I have compared it too anyway, Really pleased, think I am done for a while, finally happy, maybe a dynaudio focus upgrade in future...hang on didn't I just say I am done for a while... Thanks for those Especially Plastic Penguin for the great recommendation. Also Kudo's to Seven Oaks, they shipped it here to Australia quick smart, communication was excellent and I paid half of what the amp would cost me here...did I meantion I was pleased?

Congrats. I love the Leema. Mind you, it took me considerably longer to adjust to... my problem, not the amps.

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys. Going from a 400 pund AV amp to a hi-fi amp 3 times its price you would hope I could hear improvements! PP I would say you have far more experience and listened to so many more different components from different brands that might be why it was not an easy adjustment. I do not have that luxury here, buy blind most of the time, failed with the B&W 685's although might give them another wurl with new amp later. I'm no expert but I do appreciate what I am hearing and am enjoying the sound from my kit.

ABM78 said:
Thanks guys. Going from a 400 pund AV amp to a hi-fi amp 3 times its price you would hope I could hear improvements! PP I would say you have far more experience and listened to so many more different components from different brands that might be why it was not an easy adjustment. I do not have that luxury here, buy blind most of the time, failed with the B&W 685's although might give them another wurl with new amp later. I'm no expert but I do appreciate what I am hearing and am enjoying the sound from my kit.

The reason why it took me so long to adjust this was due to Arcam amps I had for 14 years. That particular sound was so engrained that I couldn't tear myself away. So much so that it took me over 2 years to find the right sounding amp - the Leema. TBH I've lost count of the amps auditioned and dealers pestered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts