Ready NAS expert - help

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I am retagging properly all my music on my pc and I want then to delete and replace everything on my NAS after I am done on pc. Is there any particular procedure/tool I should be aware of?

Asking because once I simply opened the RAIDar, browsed, went to the media folder and simply deleted folder and tracks for one of the artists I didn't like. But what happens is that I still can see the Artist name on my SBT. When I click there is nothing inside but it is bothering me having the name in the list

Of course if I open the "Music Folder" view, the folder does not show up. Why is that? Is there anything I have to do when I delete or replace something on the NAS?

Thanks a lot

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You may have to rescan your media library from the Logitech Media Server Control Panel. Check the rescan settings and start afresh if you need to - you might want to do this if everything has been retagged.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
tino said:
You may have to rescan your media library from the Logitech Media Server Control Panel. Check the rescan settings and start afresh if you need to - you might want to do this if everything has been retagged.

Yes, you might be right...so I have to open the Logitech Media Server software runinng on the NAS and rescan...

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well...I simly mapped the network drive on Windows...and I am now tagging directly on NAS. I still might need to refresh on Logitech Media Server after I am done, correct? Thanks

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
The SBS/LMS library is independent of what's actually on the disk & is populated via scans or browsing to new music in the Music Folder option of the Touch's menu. You will have to rescan to remove deleted items or pick up changed tags.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies. I actually made a lot of manual changes with Tag Scanner 5.1 directly on NAS...but then when I reopened the Tag Scanner all changes made were gone...any idea why? Is there any better tag editor free? Thanks

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
nads said:
I have just urgraded the LMS to 7.7.1 with zero issues.

Do you need to use Clean squeeze Center every time you upgrade? Or I just need to remove the previous version and install new one? Thanks

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
I guess is not for Mp3 only, right? Thanks
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:

Advanced Audio Coding (aac)

Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)

Monkey's Audio (ape)

Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)

MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)

Musepack (mpc)

Ogg Vorbis (ogg) OptimFROG (ofr)

OptimFROG DualStream (ofs) Speex (spx)

Tom's Audio Kompressor (tak) True Audio

(tta) Windows Media Audio (wma) WavPack (wv)

Dear Santa

Please can you fix it for for WHFS&V to win the Lottery in order to pay for some better forum software? Three number numbers should do it...

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Something weird happened when I updated. I can't see anymore the folder music on the NAS. I see all the other folders (cache, log, plugins, prefs) but not Music.

But the SBT rescanned the all library correctly. It looks nothing is missing from the SBT connected to the NAS...but still I can't see the files on the NAS. Help!

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
nads said:
have a look on the slimserver forums as there is a fix on there. i guess when the

aqueezeboxserver folder was made something happened.

mine is fine.

Where is the fix? On the forum itself? Or I have to open a new thread? Thanks

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Actually it seems I look at the squeezebox folder when I click "Browse" on ready Nas. cz I can't see the usual folders which are in media (Pictures, Video, Music etc).

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am restarting again and got the message "Unsuccesfully dropping Squeezebox database" when I try tu run the Clean software and reboot the NAS....

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, fix it! If you are using the Netgear Ready Nas and you want to update to 7.7.1 there will be an issue with your Media folder on the Nas. There is a fix, contact me if necessary!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts