Re: PMC speakers with Arcam system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I have an Arcam A18 amp with CD17 cd player; recently have acquired a pair of PMC TB2+. Is this an ok match or should I get rid of the PMC's for something else? I have been told it is near difficult to get the perfect conditions for PMC's to sound right and they need a lot of power.The ARCAM A18 at 50wpc feels weak for the TB's. Also I feel like changing my rumour 4's for odessy and VDH D102's for Chord Chameleon. I need help........!

A

Anonymous

If anything has to go it should be the arcam then imo. I do enjoy arcam, but c'mon now. PMC's are the cat's meow. Personally I'd shift the Arcam, throw a little more money at the problem and get a used pair of Kandy L.III's.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
If you can, also consider trying the rarely mentioned Denon PM1500ae (and player). It might not have a boutique name but its very musical, controlled, together sounding and more transparent than even the A28. Livelier too. They match easily with a variety of speakers and I would describe it as fairly neutral. It should match ok with your PMC's but as always, try first.

This is the next one up in the range, The PM2000ae at around £1000;

http://www.denon.co.uk/site/frames_main.php?main=prod&ver=&MID=3&sub=2&action=detail&Pid=252

regards

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
I think that PMCs and Arcams match well character wise - I have a CD37, A32+P35 and PMC TB2+s and I think it sounds just beautiful, but it has to be said that it didn't really come alive until I added the P35, which seems to support the opinions about the PMCs needing a bit of oomph to sound their best.

Don't necessarily give up on the Arcams, especially if their sound is to your taste, but i would say that Bi-amping is a must, and a P38 or P35 (predecessor, probably available heavily discounted) is probably in order for driving the bass.

A

Anonymous

Yes, get rid of the Arcam's and get the Roksan Kandy pair!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts