Radio signals via Virgin cable

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
I can't find any other reference to this so apologies if there is a previous thread.

For some time now I have been able to take an FM feed from the cable wall box.

Gradually more and more signals have vanished - according to Virgin this is "part of the move to digital".

What they won't or can't tell me is whether a DAB tuner will be able to receive a signal in the same way (i.e direct from the cable outlet) or if I will be forced to use the Virgin box (which means I can't have TV in one room and radio in another anymore).

Do I have to go back to using an aerial? Does anyone know the answer? Not really ready to buy a DAB tuner yet if it won't do this

Thanks in anticipation

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Only just spotted this, been away for a week.

I can assure you that there are no DAB signals available from the wall box. In fact I'm surprised you are still able to pick up anything in the FM band. Most regions now have them turned off. I'm assuming that the isolator (inside the wall box) has an FM port outlet on it. This type of isolator is pretty old and hasn't been fitted for several years now. Current isolators only have a TV outlet.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, there's only a few of the "local radio" stations still available. think I'm still getting Signal 1.

Oh well, up on the roof it is then
emotion-6.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts