Radio Paradise

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've spent the last few evenings listening to Radio Paradise (www.radioparadise.com). I stream it to my squeezebox. I have been really impressed with the sound quality (192K); and the excellent choice of music. There are so many internet radio stations out there I was pleased that I found this one. Does anyone else know of any exceptional stations they could share?

A

Anonymous

Hmmm.... nobody listens to internet radio? Well for those of you (like me) who may have not appreciated it do try Radio Paradise. It really is something special.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
WestCoastFun:Hmmm.... nobody listens to internet radio? Well for those of you (like me) who may have not appreciated it do try Radio Paradise. It really is something special.

I have been banging on about Radio Paradise for a couple of months now after seeing it recommended in a review of the Chordette Gem DAC last year. (In a rival mag, sorry.)

It is excellent and I have corresponded with the owner about the technical side of their outfit. (Very informative and friendly reply.)

Seems that it is just you and I (on these forums) who are fans!

No intrusive DJs, no ads, great music.

If only all internet stations could get it sounding this good. (Even 128kbps is quite impressive.)

A

Anonymous

Glad to hear there are some fans here. I am continually impressed with Radio Paradise. Great mix of music.

A

Anonymous

Discovered this a few months ago excellent quality music

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Oh cheesy peeps - Indigo Girls' Closer To Fine now. I'm just gonna sell all my CDs.

he he...
emotion-2.gif

I'm listening to this as well (snowed in so to speak, and my BDP is updating right now) and am pleasantly surprised.

A

Anonymous

Yes totally agree with all you say about paradise radio WestCoast,but have you tried last.fm put your favourite artist in search and videos/ album tracks come up that you can play for free .

A great way to check out an album before you buy it, sound quality not as good as paradise, but hey its great fun listening tho and thats what its all about folks isnt it ??

A

Anonymous

robborollover:
Yes totally agree with all you say about paradise radio WestCoast,but have you tried last.fm put your favourite artist in search and videos/ album tracks come up that you can play for free .

A great way to check out an album before you buy it, sound quality not as good as paradise, but hey its great fun listening tho and thats what its all about folks isnt it ??

I haven't tried last.fm but needless to say I will. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the tip.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Buena Vista Social Club PortisheadNeil YoungElvis CostelloOi Va VoiThe VerveMarvin GayeDavid GrayMartha WainwrightPink FloydRadiohead
Blimey! The past hour's playlist has included:

PJ Harvey (w/ Thom Yorke)

Feist

Buena Vista Social Club

Portishead

Neil Young

Elvis Costello

Oi Va Voi

The Verve

Marvin Gaye

David Gray

Martha Wainwright

Pink Floyd

Radiohead

:dance:

Also very intruigued by the 128kbps AAC sound quality (SQ). OK, so mid- and top-end detail is not great but the separation, soundstage and stereo/3D imaging is flippin' extraordinary, nice chunky bass, too - even the Beatles sound good.

Anyone know the secret of Paradise's SQ? :?

[edit] Now trying RP via 192kbps Ogg Vorbis, which adds a wee bit more mid- and top-end detail. Which is nice. Still spooked by the separation and imaging, mind.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Very impressed with this. Just listening to the 128k AAC through iTunes.

Fair shout there's some dynamic compression to keep the tracks at a similar level, but it's still damn good.

Now added to my list of favourite online radio stations along with Soma FM and Accuradio. 8) :cheers:

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Just set up the 192 OGG stream and it sounds good. Hope it's not too west coast ...

Just had a peep at their website for some background info ... like their ethos ... also judging by the pics Mr Goldsmith has done quite well for himself ;)

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Iv'e been listening to radio paradise for few years now, excellent blend of music without annoying DJ's. I recently made a contribution, "every little helps" as the supermarket says.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Iv'e been listening to radio paradise for few years now, excellent blend of music without annoying DJ's. I recently made a contribution, "every little helps" as the supermarket says.

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I've already been listening to the 128k AAC stream on my SB Touch for several months and added the 192k Ogg Vorbis feed yesterday.

Comparing the 2 I have to say so far I'm not hearing any noticeable difference and given that I lose album art and track/artist details on the Ogg Vorbis feed I shall probably stick to AAC but I will continue to compare the 2 for a while.

Anyone else our there with a different streaming device who has noticed a difference?

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Wow! Quite simply the best music radio station in the world; Rock, Americana, Psych, Prog, Folk, Latin etc etc. If you like Uncut magazine, this is the station for you!

Currently listening to: Neil Young - Helpless

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I love Radio Paradise......have it on all day at work, and it has introduced me to some very good music that has now been added to my collection.

PEAYEL

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Just posted elsewhere on the forum asking the same question. Sorry didn't see your post.

I have been listening for a few years, so definately a fan. I listen through my Itunes initially and now Sonos and the quality is just real fine as far as I'm concerned. But I don't really care, because its the playlist, no dj's, no real chat or c**p, just great music. It has introduced me to some new music also hence why I have also donated to the service, one of the few that ithink deserves my support !!

Lets get more people listening.

Go on. You know you're worth it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts