RA-11 and Q2050i - enough grunt?

mattmc

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a pair of Q2050i speakers which are hooked up to a slimline surround amp as front speakers but I'm leaning towards the option of going pure stereo.

Because I have a number of digital sources (appleTV, Blu ray player etc) and quite limited space, the RA-11 had caught my eye. Can anyone offer an opinion on whether this would be a wise pairing with my 2050s?

They have a 92db sensitivity and nominal impedance of 6 Ohms and the RA-11 is specced as 40W at 8 ohms.

mattmc

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Although, with that said, I'm not looking forward to hefting the pair back to the shop this weekend to swap for replacements - mine arrived with cosmetic damage from transit. Wish I'd checked them in the shop before getting them up accross town and up three flights of stairs!

Just hope no poor sod was underneath wherever they fell from when they got damaged - that'd be the end of you! :O

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
mattmc said:
Although, with that said, I'm not looking forward to hefting the pair back to the shop this weekend to swap for replacements - mine arrived with cosmetic damage from transit. Wish I'd checked them in the shop before getting them up accross town and up three flights of stairs!

Just hope no poor sod was underneath wherever they fell from when they got damaged - that'd be the end of you! :O

If you're headed back to the dealer, see if you can take that opportunity to try a few amps with the speakers!

mattmc

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Good call - will see if there's time before they're due to get uplifted. I know they have an RA 10 in store so I could at least hear the rotel amp even if I can't check out the digi aspect.

Baldrick1

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Be aware...have demo'd both and IMHO the RA-10 & RA-11 are different beasts...both very 'Rotel' but the RA-10 is more 'musical' than the RA-11. As I prefer a more 'clinical' sound I prefer the RA-11.

You really need to listen to both (as well as any other contender) before making a choice. Don't assume because both are f'rom Rotel... ;)

mattmc

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay - thanks for the warning.

This sounds like I may end up offering my credit card as a hostage for a home demo if I can find somewhere with a unit in stock.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts