Quick Sonos question

Dan.m

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Good question. I reckon the zone players always remain on - but, if you listen to the radio and then press pause, are you still using your download quota over the broadband. when listening to your library, do you have to clear your queue or press pause for it to be off. When i go to bed i feel is if i need to turn it off/standby somehow!

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I believe if you leave one on standby prefably the zone bridge then the rest can be switched off. I always clear the queue on the zone players and then set it to Clock and then eventually it will switch itself off. The ihc is the expert on this system. I once had a powercut with this system and would not function correctly but after an hour it was back to normal so it is a hardy system once it corrects itself. But honestly for more detailed experience then contact ihc.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Short of pulling the plug on them there is no "off" as such. Sonos reckon that the ZPs go into a lowe-power mode but I've never really found out just how low power that is, although to be honest I haven't looked that closely.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Dan.m:Good question. I reckon the zone players always remain on - but, if you listen to the radio and then press pause, are you still using your download quota over the broadband.

No, you aren't I know this from personal experience, my missus left one playing radio for 3 days and I started getting emails from my ISP saying I was nearing my quota, as soon as she paused the radio the usage stopped increasing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts