Quick Onkyo 905 Audyssey set up question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive ran the Audyssey set up twice on my 905 now similar results each time but didnt seem right i know it helps to manually adjust but they seem a fair bit out! My front and surrounds came up as full band centre 70hz and all speakers came up between -11 and -12db but the distances were approximately right any advice would be good for better settings. Thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The settings are going to depend entirely on your room layout, there's no perfect setting for all. Sometimes it can take a few gos before the Audyssey setup gets it right, but if it doesn't work properly, just set it up by ear - that's the best setup possible since it will sound best to you!

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks for that the rooms perfectly square so would it be better to measure distances manually? then look up the frequency level from the speaker manufacturer? I thought the other part was to just balance speaker volume levels around the system so would it make much difference if i set them same differences but around 0? Sorry if these are stupid questions. Thanks

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
when i used it found it got the distances right but did lowel the levels across all channels - the only ones i have put back up a bit is my center speaker and my sub - think all my fronts came up at -5db - run my center at minus 2 - rears were lower but sit a lot closer to them. with a few little tweeks very happy with overall soundfield. I think its just a very good starting point and then tune to your own ears

drenco

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
I own an Onkyo 876 and in my opinion there is no better way to calibrate a surround amp than manually measuring the speaker distances and using that info as well as using a sound level pressure meter http://www.keene.co.uk/electronics/multi.php?mycode=SLM2055 to accurately setup the speaker levels. This is my 4th surround amp and each time ive manually calibrating it using the above methods has always produced a better result.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
One of the guys from Audyssey or Onkyo (can't remember) on another popular AV+forum posted a while ago about how to set up with Audyssey. Something along the lines of a couple of readings in your primary listening position, at ear height on a tripod. Then one or two either side (other listening positions) and then the remaining ones about three foot in front of the readings you have taken at ear height. I have set mine up that way and am happy with the results.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I've had the same problem with my 905. It shows my rear KEF 2005.2's as full band and always gets the subwoofer distance wrong. I use it as a starting point and then tweak it. The auto set-up on my previous Pioneer VSX-AX5i was a lot more accurate.

A

Anonymous

flairdj:Ive ran the Audyssey set up twice on my 905 now similar results each time but didnt seem right i know it helps to manually adjust but they seem a fair bit out! My front and surrounds came up as full band centre 70hz and all speakers came up between -11 and -12db but the distances were approximately right any advice would be good for better settings. ThanksExcept for the Level Calibration, I leave everything up to Audyssey. I get very good result by cranking up the levels of all channels after performing the audyssey. I never go below +5db on all channels with my subwoofer set to flat. In doing so, I get better sound quality by eliminating "brightness".

TRENDING THREADS