Question for the experts. Connecting a 1976 Nikko STA 7075 (Brand New) to an Amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just cracked open the box to my brand new Nikko STA 7075 Receiver, made in 1976 (the year I was born). I have hooked it up to my AES Pisces Bookshelf (comparable to B&W bookshelfs for a lot less $$$). I want to preserve the power of my receiver and reduce wear and tear, and use the receiver more like a pre-amp.

Questions: Am I on the right track here? Can this be done? What do I have to look for when choosing an amp to run my speakers? Since the receiver is so old...do I need to buy an older amp?

I know, I am crazy for buying a stereo receiver built in 1976, but when I saw that it was unopened I had to have it. It sounds fantastic hooked up to my speakers.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If the Nikko receiver has preamp-level outputs, ie with their level controlled by the volume knob, then you can use any power amp with it. If not, then I'm afraid you can't do this.

Sorry, but not knowing either the receiver or the speakers, it's hard to advise further, but if it sounds fantastic, I'd stick with what you have now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts