Question about Onkyo NR609

Retne

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Thinking of buying a Onkyo NR609. I may rush out and buy it today (from RS) or wait and see for a few/six months. The question is: If I put in signal from a laptop (HDMI or VGA) can the amp route this to the composite out? At the moment the TV I have only has one scart socket (!, I realise), and that's not going to get replaced for a month or so. This would be useful for me now, so wondering if it can do this.

Cheers all,

R

Retne

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Andrew....

I have rushed out and bought the amp anyway, now just waiting to see some Philips reviews, then will decide on a TV and BluRay player. Then I may just wonder if I can improve my speakers for not too much money, but that's open to some haggling with my wife.

Rob
aka Retne

Abandoned post before I thought "sod this" and bought the amp ;)

I had the manual from their website which states

"When you connect your personal computer to PC IN and select the PC input selector, the video of the personal computer is output
from HDMI OUT."

but that doesn't specify if it would also go on to the composite video out. Your answer does, thank you. That answer may have been in the manual elsewhere, but I was on a RS-shutting deadline, so thank you for answering.

I had thought if I got a negative answer on this I'd decide not to buy the amp. I find myself still thinking it's worth buying the amp now anyway. BTW, do you have the new Philips in test - the 46" 9000 series TV and something else which doesn't have that filter as a comparison?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts