Question about fuses

FennerMachine

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry in advance for the length of the post, wanted to put as much relevant info in in one go.

How important is it to use the correct fuse rating for devices such as Hi-Fi equipment?

Asking as I got a 3m power cable for my Isotek Cleanline today and it has a 5 amp fuse.

It was cheap so not lost out, could use it for something else if needed.

I have my TV, Cyrus power amps, CD player, Quad 44, Denon AVR3801 all running off of the Isotek.

TV takes 150w, power amps up-to 185w each (likely never hit that! Oh, except for that one time... :) ), the Quad 44 and CD player take negligible power.

With all of these even a 3 amp fuse would likely be OK.

The only real worry is the Denon at full load can take about 3.5 amps (not sure if this is quite right, checked the US manual, 7 amps but at 120v, we are 230/240v).

However, I rarely use the Denon and when I do it only drive a Mission 78c centre speaker and two 78DS rears.

Should I get another cable with a 13 amp fuse rating?

I don't want to just put a 13 amp fuse in this cable in case its not designed to handle that load and the cable melts! Unlikely but you never know.

The cables to the other kit is all a bit of a mishmash of ratings.

Should I ask the manufacturers the recommended fuse ratings?

Am I worrying over nothing?

As a side note, listening to a few CD's and they sound as good as usual.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
5 amps = 1kw (1000w) a 5 amp fuse will proberley carry 10amps depending what type it is bs 1361 is a standard fuse I think I think you should be ok

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts