Question about Atacama stands..

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
They appear to make completely different looking products.

One is based in London and other in Leicester.

I would say they look like different companies.

Why does it matter?

A

Anonymous

chebby:
Why does it matter?

I have just bought a pair of B&W 602S2 speakers from a guy in London which were advertised as coming with Atacama Nexus stands included in the deal.

The stands looked good quality, felt robust and solid and the speakers fitted 'em perfectly.

When I got home I took a closer look and found they were manufactured by 'Target' so I wasn't sure if Atacama were made by Target or if they were simply different stands to the ones advertised.

I'm not complaining mind, as they were thrown in free of charge, but I just wanted more info.

I am still using a Target Reference isolation platform which I bought years ago when I owned a Linn Sondek record deck, and is now home to my Onkyo amp./ processor and I have been really pleased with the quality of that.

Bob A.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
willieeckslyke:When I got home I took a closer look and found they were manufactured by 'Target' so I wasn't sure if Atacama were made by Target or if they were simply different stands to the ones advertised.

Atacama Nexus have three pillars each (one thicker diameter nearest the front and two thinner ones at the rear) and the spiked foot should be curved at the front and have an Atacama logo on them.

You can see what the tops look like from a pair I used to have with my old iPod system a few years ago.

A

Anonymous

IIRC Target are part of Roksan.

Atacama are a different company entirely.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts