Queen Remasters

matthewpiano

Today I purchased the new 2011 Remaster/Deluxe Edition of 'Queen II' - my favourite Queen album - as a test before investing in some of the others (mostly the earlier albums). I am very impressed with the remastering job. I've loved this album since I was about 12 years old and have never been happy with the previous CD version but this brings the whole thing back to life again and it sounds so much more like the vinyl.

I'll certainly be buying more of these and hope that 'A Day At The Races' and 'A Night At The Opera' are equally improved!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Matthew, like you I also have a soft spot for early Queen and Queen 2 includes one of my all time favourite songs called `White Queen`. I`d love to buy all five of the remasters which will set me back £60 if I go for the two disc sets or £45 if I get the standard one disc versions. Also I`m wondering if the prices are likely to go up or down if I wait too long? Mmmn..decisions, decisions. Glad you are enjoying your purchase and glad they`ve been remastered at last!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Today I purchased the new 2011 Remaster/Deluxe Edition of 'Queen II' - my favourite Queen album - as a test before investing in some of the others (mostly the earlier albums). I am very impressed with the remastering job. I've loved this album since I was about 12 years old and have never been happy with the previous CD version but this brings the whole thing back to life again and it sounds so much more like the vinyl.

I'll certainly be buying more of these and hope that 'A Day At The Races' and 'A Night At The Opera' are equally improved!

Awww Dammit!

I was hoping they weren't gonna be any good so I wouldn't have to buy them! :(

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
We visited the Stormtroopers In Stillettos exhibition in London at the weekend (last day was Saturday, sadly) and it prompted me to visit Spotify to re-visit some of my all-time favourite albums. It was with somewhat mixed emotions (voiced by others on this thread) that I discovered the 2011 Remasters. I have never been satisfied with the earlier pressings on CD of these albums, so it was a most enjoyable voyage of discovery as I listened to the set from Queen through to A Day At The Races yesterday - marvellous stuff!

Now I know what to put on my birthday list this year!
smiley-smile.gif

matthewpiano

I was never very satisfied with the 1994 CD issues either. I first got to know these albums aged about 11/12 on vinyl and have always loved them but the experience has been severely blunted by the previous bad CD transfers over recent years. Great to have 'Queen II' in such enjoyable sound now. The extras on the 2 CD version are well worth having, especially the incredible live version of 'White Queen (As It Began)'.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
For some reason I was never tempted to purchase the greatest hits albums in any of their guises. I can only suppose that since I grew up with the Queen phenomenon, I never saw the need to sample a greatest hits album to discover them. I have always preferred my Queen albums full-fat and in their completeness. Maybe the diversity of styles on each album was sufficient to please without the need to buy compilations with a range across the already existing classics? Come tothink of it, I don't think I have many greatest hits albums at all. Hmmm.

Anyway, as my birthday falls in September, maybe I won't be patient enough to try one (or more) of the new re-masters on CD. Spotify is all very well but...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts