Queen - a journey back in time

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I haven't wittingly listened to a Queen album for many years, but last night prompted by the recent re-issues I dug out a vinyl copy of my favourite teenage album, Sheer Heart Attack. It sent me hurtling down memory lane like all music with past associations, and left me thinking how fantastic it still is.

The bombast, the layers and layers of voice and instrumentation, and above all the quality of the songs. It seems a mini-lifetime ago that I listened to this previous to last night, and it was a revelation. One can not live on a diet of Sufjan Stevens and My Morning Jacket alone.

Has anyone had a chance to compare the recent remasters with the original vinyl, and if so, how does it fare?

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Charlie, Afraid I haven`t as yet but I`m hoping to very soon with a birthday looming. With any luck I shall get the box set with all the first five albums. I do feel sorry for those who bought the albums a few weeks back only to discover soon after that they were releasing a box set with spaces for the next five remasters! Anyway, glad you enjoyed re-discovering `Sheer..` and I hope to report back with a comparison before too long.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Not heard any of the remasters myself yet.

Agree fully with you on 'Sheer Heart Attack'. Great album. As much as I love 'I' and 'II', I think 'S.H.A' just edges them both.... Maybe for the fact it has my all-time fave Queen song on, 'In The Lap Of The Gods....Revisited'.

A

Anonymous

Yep like all good music Queen stands the test of time and revisiting their early work is hard to believe that nearly 40 years have passed
smiley-surprised.gif

Charlie Jefferson said:
I haven't wittingly listened to a Queen album for many years, but last night prompted by the recent re-issues I dug out a vinyl copy of my favourite teenage album, Sheer Heart Attack. It sent me hurtling down memory lane like all music with past associations, and left me thinking how fantastic it still is.

The bombast, the layers and layers of voice and instrumentation, and above all the quality of the songs. It seems a mini-lifetime ago that I listened to this previous to last night, and it was a revelation. One can not live on a diet of Sufjan Stevens and My Morning Jacket alone.

Has anyone had a chance to compare the recent remasters with the original vinyl, and if so, how does it fare?

TRENDING THREADS