quality dvd player or blue ray?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi i'm wanting to to get a blue ray player in the not to distant future. and was looking at the SONY BDPS350 to get me on the band wagon until prices come down and i can afford a better machine. my dvd player at the min is a sony dvp-ns900v. whitch i think i a fairly good machine. is it worth getting this blue ray player will i notice a difference worth buying the player or would i just be better off waiting till i can afford a better machine?

thanks craig

Messiah

You would notice the difference in picture quality. In my opinion it is better but not by a huge amount.

Where Blu-Ray really comes into it's own is the improved audio codecs - Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio etc...

But DVD's are so much cheaper now. The price of BD's still puts me off when the DVD equivalent is less than half the price.

A

Anonymous

thanks i appericiate your help. i totaly agree with the price thing but at the same time keep thinking i dont want to be buying the latest blockbusters in dvd i should be getting blue ray.

cheers craig

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I would go for a blu-ray player, some are quite cheap now around £150, if your spending that money you can expect decent picture & sound quality, it's got to be money well spent rather than buying a dvd player.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Agreed, if you know you'll be getting a Blu-Ray player at some point, you don't want to have to re-buy a load of films in that format when you eventually do get one!

There are also loads of cheap, good Blu-Rays in the online stores of Amazon, Play, HMV etc. etc. (some from £6.99) to help you get started.

A

Anonymous

Yes, the Blu-Ray indeed is a better option. Also as someone else said, the HD Audio codecs are great as well!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts