Quad spare part needed ASAP

tomayresss

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Was wondering if anyone could help me here.

I have managed to lose on of the gold bridging connectors from the back of one of my Quad 11Ls in transit. Without this I can't get any of the high frequency!

Have done a quick search on the net but can't seem to find anything? Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
See below, or just use an offcut of cable to make the bridge temporarily...

IAG Service Department,
Unit 4, St Margarets Way,
Stukeley Meadows Industrial Estate,
Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 6EB

Telephone :- 01480 452561

e-mail :- rob@iaguk.co.uk

Cold Roses

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
If you search the forum, you'll find various threads about Speaker jumper cables (here's a recent one on the subject - http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/485336.aspx) , which you can either buy ready-made or make out of some small lengths of speaker cable (as Andrew has suggested above). If I was you, I'd actually use this as an opportunity to switch all of the bridging connectors on your Quads to jumper cables. My personal experience with my B&W 685s was that cable jumpers actually brought a discernible improvement in sound over the supplied bridging connectors. Others may question the science of this, but if you've lost the bridging plate in any event, it's certainly worth trying.

A

Anonymous

i use chord signature jumper cables on my Quad 12L2's and made a difference from the standard connectors

A

Anonymous

Sorry to barge in.

Do jumper cables make that much of a difference?

I have binding posts would I hear a difference?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts