Quad L2 Series: Any better than L?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello again.

I recently wrote to tell of my experience with the Quad "11L2" speakers, and how great I believed they were. Only now do I realise that (stupid me) they were, in fact, the original L model that What HiFi liked so much, and not the L2s. Does anybody know if the L2s are any better? (Quad obviously claims that they are...) Are the 12Ls better?

Thanks!
zimble01

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="zimble01"]Are the 12Ls better?[/quote]

No, to my ear the little brother has a better balanced. Choose electronics carefully.

A

Anonymous

Hello, Thaiman.

I am using a Rotel RA-04. To my ears, this combination sounded wonderful. Do you think that the amplifier may not be suitable? Also, have you had any experience with the updated "L2" model ie. 11L2?

Thanks.
zimble01

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="zimble01"]I am using a Rotel RA-04. To my ears, this combination sounded wonderful.[/quote]
Great, I am glad the senergy work well for you, I did overkill it with The Classe and Krell combo and the speakers (11L and 12L) sounded horrid! I haven't heard the later L2 model as the above experienced put me off but few of my mate reckon they sounded very similar to the original ones. Apparently they need a warm-ish electronics that not too revealing and need to be placed quite a bit away from the all, slightly toe in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts