Quad 67 CD player worth the risk?

FennerMachine

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I know I've asked similar before (Quad 66 CD player) but I fancy a change of something in my system. I decided not to go for the Quad 66 and to stick with the Cyrus CD7Q.

The Quad Pre and Power amps made good changes to the overall presentation from my Cyrus amps but something is still not quite right with the overall sound. I will likely never get it perfect but one can but try!

I don't want to try to 'upgrade' my CD player as that would be expensive and don't fancy a DAC.

In keeping with the Quad kit would a Quad 67 CD player be a worthwhile change? It is supposed to be much better than the Quad 66 and a very good player.

Would I keep most of the detail of the Cyrus CD7Q but a bit smoother sounding or would it be a massive change for the worse?

Anyone have experience of the Quad 67 CD player?

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I did hear the quad 99, not the 67 I'm afraid. For what it's worth i'd describe its sound as: natural, a bit ' clinical', matter of fact presentation.

Cyrus to my ears is more trebly, fast paced. I wouldn't be surprised if the quad amps go better with their own brand cdplayer.

FennerMachine

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Changed my mind, I think?

I might get a Cambridge Audio Azur 751BD instead as I currently use my PC for DVD and Blu-ray.

I think this player might be the best compromise for CD's plus giving me better movie playback.

Have a thread over in Home Cinema now so I will probably not add more to this one as its become redundant (to me anyway!).

TRENDING THREADS