Quad 25L classic or 23L classic or Wharfedale Jade 5

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

I can't listening those loudspeakers because I live too far from the first "Quad Shop"

and there no more Quad in my country (France)

But I know the Quad Sound and want to upgrade my actually setup with new loudspeakers

My setup : Quad 909 +Cdp2 and Quad 12L (first one).

I am wondering if some of you have already listening The Quad 25l or/and 23L

and also the Wharfedale Jade 5

Thank You

Laurent

marco11098

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Laurent,

i have bought the quad 23L and i am very suprised by it,, transparant, open and a realy bright sound,

currently i its still driven by a simple marantz av receiver nr1403,

it sounds as if the speakers didn't produces the sound but it whelmes before it,

my quest is still to find the proper amp for it, because i know, these fine speakers can produce much more,

any suggestions from your side??

tks,

marco,

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I had the Jade 5 for a while and it was quite an excellent speaker especially the bass which was tight, fast and punchy with plenty of weight. However, the midrange and treble was sometimes a little metallic sounding and not quite as natural as i would like.

In your country, why don't you get the Focal Aria 926 instead? The pricing in France for Focal is exceptional value for money.

matthewpiano

You have the perfect amplification for getting the best out of the Quad floorstanders, but it also wouldn't surprise me if Quad amps had been used at some stage in the Jade development process as Quad and Wharfedale are the same company (IAG). I think either will work well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts