quad 22l2 or rs6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

This is my first post in this highly respected forum,

I wish everyone a happy life,

I am a casual listener of indian classicial and fusion music with 95% instrumental and 5% vocals.

Can anyone help me to select between rs6 and quad 22l2.

Your views and opinion will be highly respected,

with regards,

nanda kumar

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Best advice I can give is to audition them both. I've heard the Original Quad 22L and the Monitor Audio RS6. Both are good speakers.The L2 have been received less favourably than the original L series though, so you really should audition them, before buying...

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
this is what i find strange - i prefer the sound of the l2s which the reviews were less favourable about but i wonder if that is more down to the competition moving on - when the ls were released they were class leaders the l2s didn't get the same amount of hype but in my opinion sound better. I just think there were other speakers being hyped more at the time of release. The two speakers you have picked are very different - the Quads are clinical the MA exciting - depends how you like your music.

A

Anonymous

Between the two, I would personally opt for the RS6. However, it would be helpful to know what the rest of your system consists of - again, it is best that you audition these yourself to determine which suits your listening tastes better.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I think you can do better for the money! I know they are so poppular in here which I am not so sure "why?" but the end of the day if you think they sound nice who am I to argue?

tounra

Sep 25, 2007
Visit site
I think the MA's are easier to drive.
Quad speakers really need 'quality' electronics, a stable amp to give their best.
I've tried Quad speakers with my Marantz PM7200 and wasn't impressed with the result: bass heavy and the high mids were rather 'shouty'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts