Quad 22L speakers

DeimosNZ

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
I have been offered a new in box pair of Quad 22L2 speakers for the equivalent of about 420 pounds. I have heard the earlier version of this speaker and liked them but some review suggest the newer version isnt as good.

At this price, can I really go wrong?

A

Anonymous

I'd say no straight away but it'd be handy to know what the rest of your system is and also the layout of your room

The QUAD's are superb speakers with a great sounstage and bags of bass to boot... But this could be their downfall as they need plenty of room to breathe; they're not that great closed in to the back wall etc...

DeimosNZ

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks

In the short term I would probably pair them with a Musical Fidelity Pre-amp and QUAD power amps.

I have options on some very well priced QUAD gear at the moment. Including 99 monos and 909 pwer amps (so I am open to suggestions on what QUAD gear they would best match).

My listening area is medium sized. I would be sitting about 4-5 metres from the speakers with the option to place them up to a meter from the wall.

I live in an apartment - so I don’t want the kind of bass that will terrify my neighbours (I tend to listen at moderate levels). Ultimately I will probably replace them with Harbeth SHL5s or matching Spendor Audio speakers - I just need a solution for about 18 months.

Those speakers sound amazing man, I would recommend a musical fidelity for a medium sized room: together with Quad 22L it is a totally warm and welcoming sound but clear and crisp.

However, I have opted to change it for a Yamaha rx-v 773 Amplifier, as it's got 4k hdmi in/out, Wifi, MusiCast and Pure Direct sound.

Remote control, Spotify and the possibility to accept any flac format in lossless quality too.

I have to admit that the sound is surprisingly good Yamaha Rx-v773 with Quad 22L

However, try out the Musical Fidelity A1 with Quad22L and let me know what do you think :)

Fabrizio Irlante said:
Those speakers sound amazing man, I would recommend a musical fidelity for a medium sized room: together with Quad 22L it is a totally warm and welcoming sound but clear and crisp.

However, I have opted to change it for a Yamaha rx-v 773 Amplifier, as it's got 4k hdmi in/out, Wifi, MusiCast and Pure Direct sound.

Remote control, Spotify and the possibility to accept any flac format in lossless quality too.

I have to admit that the sound is surprisingly good Yamaha Rx-v773 with Quad 22L

However, try out the Musical Fidelity A1 with Quad22L and let me know what do you think :)

This thread is five years old......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts