Quad 11l or B&W 602 S2

hifi_fan1

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Morning all

I am in the market to replace my KEF Caras and am looking for opinions on which is the better buy, From what I am reading the 11L has is able to go down to 48hz whereas the 602 S2 goes to 52hz, is this noticable when listening to tracks? I do like good bass reproduction. They can both be found for about £140 on ebay in good condition.

Also running an Arcam Aplha CD (soon to be replaced) and Cambs Audio 640A Azur amp.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
If you like forour speakers to look the part the Quads are real beautys. Also solid build quality too.

In the flesh they are a league above the b&w

Sound wise the better the amplification the better the Quads perform.

WHF - dropped them to a 4star rating eventually but was full of praise for them in an all quad system driven by the quad 909 (100watts+)

If buying off eBay.... I'd go with the Quads. Although your Cambridge may struggle to drive them efficiently .

Still.....

hifi_fan1 said:
Morning all

I am in the market to replace my KEF Caras and am looking for opinions on which is the better buy, From what I am reading the 11L has is able to go down to 48hz whereas the 602 S2 goes to 52hz, is this noticable when listening to tracks? I do like good bass reproduction. They can both be found for about £140 on ebay in good condition.

Also running an Arcam Aplha CD (soon to be replaced) and Cambs Audio 640A Azur amp.

TRENDING THREADS