Qobuz Shady Offers

JCCarter

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Qobuz attracted me to subscribe to their music streaming service with an offer of a free trial. The offer was worded in such a way as to lead me to understand that at the end of the trial I had an option to take up a paid subscription. At the end of the 'free' period, my credit card was charged through PayPal. I was not given a warning or reminder. I contacted Qobuz immediately, asking for this to be cancelled. They cancelled the subscription for future months, but have insisted that they are allowed to keep £19.99 for the first month, as the transaction has already been processed. This is the kind of shady practice that gives companies a bad reputation, and which is not allowed by reputable internet marketplaces such as Ebay and Amazon. My tip is this: considering that Qobuz and Tidal offer an identical FLAC streaming service, go for Tidal, on the grounds that Qobuz choose to behave like cowboys.

daveh75

This is pretty much standard practice of free trials of streaming services IME.

You have to cancel during/before the end of the trial period or you'll be automatically billed.

Did you bother to read the terms during sign up?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Amazon Prime did the same thing to me except they didn't mind refunding me when I complained about the unsolicited charge, even with 3 weeks delay on my side (I only saw it on the bank statement 3 weeks later). I lost few dollars in the bank transfers but at least they did the refund.

Tidal very clearly alerted me and waited my confirmation before switching me from trial to paid subscription. What Qobuz is doing is malpractice by misleading and the word spreads out very quickly.

Link this thread to their marketing and customer support department and see what happens.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts