Qobuz is offering What Hi-Fi? readers free hi-res album downloads

fazalmajid

Jan 6, 2020
Visit site
Very generous indeed! I already had the Nielsen Concertos, it's an outstanding album.

I am not interested in streaming services, but I will certainly consider them in the future alongside my standby, Presto Classical, as I did not know they also did downloads,

Last edited:

skybertie

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
Err I'm trying to do this, but to get the downloads I need to have a subscription. I can have a one month free trial but that still requires giving credit card details... so I don't understand "No credit card is required, you just need to register for a Qobuz account (which can be created for free, without commitment) and be ready and willing to hear music in glorious high-resolution."

fazalmajid

Jan 6, 2020
Visit site
I didn't have an account, so I just signed up for one, but it didn't ask me to set up a free trial, I just went back to the offer page, added them to my cart and checked out.

skybertie

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
I didn't have an account, so I just signed up for one, but it didn't ask me to set up a free trial, I just went back to the offer page, added them to my cart and checked out.
Thank You ... That worked... I got deflected by all those "to hear this album sign up now" banners... never thought of just putting it all in a basket and going for it!

CeeKay

May 4, 2020
Visit site
Although the folks from Qobuz probably won't read this, Thank You very very much for your generosity. And Thank You to What HiFi. That was very cool of you guys to offer this.

But I do have to make note of one thing LOL. This is not due to my internet connection because I have a very fast connection; But just the process of downloading all of the albums took a period of amount 6 hours or so over two days. Conservatively, maybe it took me 5 hours approximately) It was definitely multiple hours over 2 days just to be able to download everything LOL. it was just a logistics thing of having to download each song individually and then go to the next album and do the same thing over and over. Now, if you wanted to download directly into the qobuz app, I'm sure that would be an easier solution. But if you want to have the files to use on your own devices or computer, then you have to go to manual route. And either way, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth - I'm just letting any potential downloader know that it takes a very long time :) And of course, as I said, I greatly appreciate this. Cheers. (I'm listening to the FLAC version of Christina Astrand on my LG G6 phone as I typed this)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts