Qobuz ditches MP3s completely, lowers hi-res streaming price

I can’t see it making much difference in the war against Amazon Music. It’ll be useful to audiophiles like us, but the average Prime member who relies on Amazon for virtually anything they buy online nowadays is just going to sign up and use Amazon. I think it’ll affect Spotify more than Qobuz or TIDAL.

RobMcH

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Come on What Hi Fi.....it’s your article! You mentioned the price in British Pounds.....is there something else you’ve been told ie a date for us Brits to get this great deal?

Minkey1

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Seems so. Just got this from Qobuz CS:

Dear Customer,

As you may know, Qobuz has just introduced the Studio Premier subscription in the USA for $ 14.99.

Unfortunately, this subscription is not yet available on the service in other countries. However, this is a temporary situation due to negotiations that are still progress with the rights holders in other countries.

Qobuz is working tirelessly to synchronize our offers across the world. The Studio Premier plan will be available to our users in other countries soon.

Thank you for your interest in Qobuz

Reactions: Niallivm

Matt N

Feb 21, 2020
Visit site
OOOHHH just got an email from Qobuz and as of today , Studio Premier is available in the UK at £149 a month , current 'studio' subscribers can switch now and save a few quid.

i noticed last month they also removed the '3 active devices' limit which means i don't have to keep deleting my phones or Raspberry Pi's depending what room i want to listen in

was worth the wait!

ajlm

Feb 22, 2020
Visit site
Qobuz Studio Premier subscription is still not available in rest of Europe.
Qobuz CS reply that it would be introduced in Europe "soon" is taking a long time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts