Qobuz CEO talks Amazon Music HD, 3D audio, new features and more

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Qobuz Hi Res is $15/m in the US ($12.50/m if you sign up for a year).
The same service in the UK is $33/m.
I'd love to support them take on the big boys but a European company fleecing their European customers like that is indefensible

Brantome

Feb 1, 2020
“Alexa can’t play hi-res content… well, Amazon can, but we can’t.”

Strictry speaking, Alexa only plays the full range of hi-res content to the Echo Studio - it caps output at 24/44.1 to any other device, maybe even the echo link/amp, even if the output device supports up to 24/192.

Frankly, Amazon’s HD service has been poorly implemented thus far...

msee

Feb 3, 2020
Qobuz Hi Res is $15/m in the US ($12.50/m if you sign up for a year).
The same service in the UK is $33/m.
I'd love to support them take on the big boys but a European company fleecing their European customers like that is indefensible
Disgraceful, I use to subscribe to Qobuz until I found that the new price tier only applied to the USA! So i figured if that is how they treat their loyal European (UK) subscribers then I am off to sign up with one of the other hi-res streaming services.

mwinter

Mar 14, 2011
Disgraceful, I use to subscribe to Qobuz until I found that the new price tier only applied to the USA! So i figured if that is how they treat their loyal European (UK) subscribers then I am off to sign up with one of the other hi-res streaming services.
This will change. Deezer introduced their lower price in the US first to much wailing gnashing of teeth. They have now realigned their pricing.

msee

Feb 3, 2020
This will change. Deezer introduced their lower price in the US first to much wailing gnashing of teeth. They have now realigned their pricing.
I hope so. Qobuz content and recommendations are more aligned with my musical tastes, however it is not acceptable when so many companies (not just Qobuz) take UK customers for granted and treat us like mugs : (

Reactions: Niallivm

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts