qed u-play bluetooth

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was thinking of getting one of these, but can't find much info on it. I sometimes use my laptop to play music to my hifi using a behringer u-phono, so the u-play seems better being cable free. If I have ripped a cd to wma lossless on my laptop, does my laptop need to be apt-x compatible to stream lossless to my hifi or does the u-play take care of this? Also do I need to copy all my files to a specific app or will windows media player work?

Any answers would be appreciated!

A

Anonymous

Hey KWM,

you need a compatible Bluetooth adaptor for your PC or Bluetooth built in. Once you sync the device with your computer it should be straight forward to play any file format via the QED uPlay.

As long as your bluetooth supports 2.1 + EDR Wireless Technology you will be able to transmit high quality stereo.

I myself have been looking at wireless bluetooth since my Apple Airport Expressed died. I do like the QED as its cost effective but I am very tempted with the Chord Gem. Hope some of what I have mentioned has helped. :)

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
To get the best quality of the apt-x bluetooth both the receiver (qed u-play or e.g chordette gem) and the transmitter (a USB or ipod dongle) need to be apt-x enabled. I know only of sennheiser and creative dongles that are apt-x enabled as of now. New Gems are apt-x ready out of the box (they have a sticker to signify that), old gems need a software upgrade from Chord.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response.

So if i get a sennheiser apt-x dongle and qed uplay, I will be able to get high quality audio from my computer to stereo.

This will cost around £110. Will the quality of the chordette gem be worth paying four times as much for?

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Difficult to answer your question. Chordette sounds excellent through USB input. I have not tried it via BT with apt-x (still have to upgrade the software on it and I do not have the dongle yet). Without apt-x it sound barely acceptable via BT, given the benefit of wireless portability of the source (ipod). So it is definately worht it if you will use it via USB. bluetooth - need to try. Will gem sound different to qed uplay - again, do not know as have not tried qed and even theoretically do not know what happens to the signal in each of them after the bluetooth/apt-x module.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm also interested in the uPlay. I would be playing music via my iPhone. What I've read suggests that 'apt-x' encoding makes a siginificant difference to sound quality.

I don't really understand what apt-x is. Is the iPhone 3GS already compatible with apt-x, or would it be something that needed to be downloaded, or requires a (potentially costly) dongle etc.? I've never used bluteooth on my iPhone, but the settings don't mention apt-x, it's simply on/off.

Any enlightenment much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts