QED silver reference HDMI cable vs Van Den Hul flat HDMI ?

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Now before anybody mentions this, Yes i have searched the forums for this peticular subject matter & came up with nothing, i dont want to start another cable war, just an answer to this if anyone can?

I currently own the QED cables that i use for bluray player , sky HD box but i just wanted to know how much better the Van den hul flat is than this (if any better) unfortunatley my local hifi shop doesnt stock the van den hul range if they did i would of done my own test & wouldnt be asking this question?

I hear how the van den hul cam vastly improve sound & vision, so would it be a worthy upgrade from the QED?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jase fox:Now before anybody mentions this, Yes i have searched the forums for this peticular subject matter & came up with nothing, i dont want to start another cable war, just an answer to this if anyone can?

I currently own the QED cables that i use for bluray player , sky HD box but i just wanted to know how much better the Van den hul flat is than this (if any better) unfortunatley my local hifi shop doesnt stock the van den hul range if they did i would of done my own test & wouldnt be asking this question?

I hear how the van den hul cam vastly improve sound & vision, so would it be a worthy upgrade from the QED?

It was recently reviewed as being better than last year's fave, the Chord Silver Plus, which took over from the QED Silver reference. How much better is up to the eye of the beholder. My view is that all these cables are brilliant and I personally wouldn't notice the difference between the two you ask about. You can worry too much about getting the perfect set up. In your other posts, the new Sony BD player is supposed to be amazing. My Sony is amazing. Your Denon must be amazing. I would imagine that the Sony 500 will be the best of the bunch at the moment but how much better is very difficult to quantify, especially if you have a 50 inch or below screen. A brilliant projector set up might show up nuances better.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well the vDH is our current fave, but it only pips the QED/Chords. Mr Nails puts it very well, Jase - tiny incremental upgrades are where madness lies: save your money up for a major upgrade at a later date or more Blu-rays to enjoy today.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
Well the vDH is our current fave, but it only pips the QED/Chords. Mr Nails puts it very well, Jase - tiny incremental upgrades are where madness lies: save your money up for a major upgrade at a later date or more Blu-rays to enjoy today.

Well Clare, what you & nails have just said was my first initial thought but just thought id check with the experts, ha. I do see that these little upgrades are more of side steps than forward ones, my trouble is that im a perfectionist i dont want to think im missing out on that extra ounce of PQ even though my set up is mind blowing !

So Clare, blurays it is ha

Many thanks !

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:jase fox:Now before anybody mentions this, Yes i have searched the forums for this peticular subject matter & came up with nothing, i dont want to start another cable war, just an answer to this if anyone can?

It was recently reviewed as being better than last year's fave, the Chord Silver Plus, which took over from the QED Silver reference. How much better is up to the eye of the beholder. My view is that all these cables are brilliant and I personally wouldn't notice the difference between the two you ask about. You can worry too much about getting the perfect set up. In your other posts, the new Sony BD player is supposed to be amazing. My Sony is amazing. Your Denon must be amazing. I would imagine that the Sony 500 will be the best of the bunch at the moment but how much better is very difficult to quantify, especially if you have a 50 inch or below screen. A brilliant projector set up might show up nuances better.Yep your sure right nails i do worry about getting the perfect set up for sure, even though all my mates & my brothers tell me how amazing my set up is & so on you still but cant think it could be better, just as i often look at the other half with this in mind haha

That said, my question is answered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts