QED Revelation Vs XT400/XT350/XT300

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Just wondering how they stack up against each other.

I was looking at aroun d£15 per metre (I need twin 3 metre runs), which is fine for the Revelation, but the XT400/350/300s can be had for not far off this, especially second hand.

Any thoughts?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:

I was looking at aroun d£15 per metre (I need twin 3 metre runs), which is fine for the Revelation, but the XT400/350/300s can be had for not far off this, especially second hand.

Any thoughts?

Any of those BC for your speakers. I have the Odyssey but feel that would be overkill for the MT sats.

A

Anonymous

I'm still unsure of the difference in foregrounding and backgrounding of details by a speaker cable. Though in saying that I accept that different cables with different balances of materials each have their own particular capacitance, inductance and resistance qualities. So they must be different in some way.

I've used the QED Revelation for about 6 months now and I can't complain. All the detail seems to be there and it doesn't appear to overpower or weaken any particular frequency band. Manufacturing quality is great and the QED airlock plug idea is quite neat.

I don't see any reason not to use this cable. Can't comment on the others though as I haven't used them.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:Big Chris:

Any thoughts?

Any of those BC for your speakers. I have the Odyssey but feel that would be overkill for the MT sats.

Nah. I'm keeping the S.A XT for the M1s. The upgrade cable will be used for my 602 S3s until they're replaced. I currently use some Silver Anniversay Biwire (pre-XT) in a bi-amp configuration.

I know other have recommended other cables, and I have thought about the Atlas Hyper 2.0 as well as the Chord cable.

Might just hold out until I replace the speakers, then worry about which traits I require from a new cable.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Gerrardasnails:Big Chris:

Any thoughts?

Nah. I'm keeping the S.A XT for the M1s. The upgrade cable will be used for my 602 S3s until they're replaced. I currently use some Silver Anniversay Biwire (pre-XT) in a bi-amp configuration.

I know other have recommended other cables, and I have thought about the Atlas Hyper 2.0 as well as the Chord cable.

Might just hold out until I replace the speakers, then worry about which traits I require from a new cable.

Aha. Sorry mate, I didn't read your post properly. You can get some good deals on ebay, try them and sell them on if you don't like them - quite fun to play and doesn't cost a lot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts