QED Profile Silver 12 Speaker Cable

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have gained two lengths of the above speaker cable (terminated 4 into 2) but dont know anything about this.

Does anybody know what this speaker cable is like and how it would sound with the rest of my system? Of course I will let my own ears be the final judge but I need to reterminate from 4 into 2 to 2 into 2. Just thought I would get other peoples advice n the cable before faffing around reterminating and connecting up.

Cheers

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
OK I think I have answered my own question here.....having looked at the terminations they are just screwed in place.....so a 10 minute job meant that the speaker cable was terminated 2 into 2 (although I think longer term a dab of solder would be a good idea just to ensure that cable isnt pulled out of the termination.

Initial impressions are a definate "YES" it does improve the sound of my equipment (but didn't epect to hear such a difference)!!!! I know some people think cables are just a way of some companies making additional money out of us hifi fans......but seriously I cannot believe what a difference this has made to the sound.

Having listened to tracks via CD from both Them Crooked Vultures and The Courteeners and also Isobel Campbells Milk White Sheets on LP I can't believe how much my old speaker cable restrained the music (if that's the correct terminology).......The QED Silver Profile just seems to release the sound more......The sound is a lot clearer and definable between instruments...cymbals actually sound like cymbals and drums have the right amount of base. Isobel Campbells vocals are just amazing, so clear and defined with an excellent soundstage.

SERIOUSLY I really did not think that such a simple change could make such a big and dramatic change in sound.....as though someone has removed a towel from in front of my speaker drivers. And all this with just my humble Castle Speakers.

WOW!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts