QED airloc plugs.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
A shop has just told me that the mark 1 and mark2 airloc banana plugs are exactly the same sonically and merely differ in looks. Does amybody know if this is correct?

A

Anonymous

I have qed airlock plugs and normal banana plugs. I think the QED's are no better sonically.There is absolutely no difference between the sound from them and normal bananas ,which cost half the price. Not sure about mark 1 and mark 2 versions though but i would bet there is no difference.There is only so much technology that can go into a banana plug!

A

Anonymous

mmmm .... its interesting... there is a kind of 'placebo effect' in Hi-Fi when we are told we can improve our system quality........ banana plugs do not change the sonic abilities of your system ....... I went through a series of experiments changing plugs ......... RESULT : use a standard good quality banana plug only .. this is good enough

A

Anonymous

Yup, it just tidies things up and makes any system changes or room movements easier to manage that's all.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="pete66"]
mmmm .... its interesting... there is a kind of 'placebo effect' in Hi-Fi

[/quote]

50p in the 'placebo' box, please.

I think the claim for the Airloc plugs is that they keep air out from the connection between cable and plug, thus reducing the chance of corrosion of the bare wire end over time due to environmental pollutants. So, the theory goes, the cable assembly should carry on sounding as good for longer.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"][quote user="pete66"]

mmmm .... its interesting... there is a kind of 'placebo effect' in Hi-Fi

[/quote]

50p in the 'placebo' box, please.

I think the claim for the Airloc plugs is that they keep air out from the connection between cable and plug, thus reducing the chance of corrosion of the bare wire end over time due to environmental pollutants. So, the theory goes, the cable assembly should carry on sounding as good for longer.
[/quote]

Supposedely , but the plug has to be fitted very well for there not to be any gaps, rendering the airlock idea useless. In my experience ( admittedly only once) the fitting has been less than perfect .The half price bananas are fine if you dont mind pairing back your cable by half an inch once a year.

A

Anonymous

Only an issue if you live underwater really. Squirt a bit of swtch cleaner on them and give 'em a twiddle. Problem solved for years.

A

Anonymous

i got air tight ( sort of ) b.plugs for a few quids from maplins and they do just fine i had them for about 1 and 1/2 years and still no problem and no need to expose new cable every 6 month ....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts