QAcoustics 7000i subwoofer concerns

smettuh

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought my first home cinema system, the QAcoustics 7000i 5.1 home cinema package in combination with the AV Receiver Yamaha RX-v479.

Even though my setup isn't fully optimal as all 4 speakers are very close to the ceiling and I'm sitting right under the surround speakers I'm truly amazed by the sound it produces. Not surprisingly however when coming from integrated TV speakers. ;-)

But I do have quite some doubts whether the subwoofer works as it should be.
I used the Yamaha mic to automatically setup the speakers. (subwoofer crossover set on max, volume to half)
Few things I manually adapted:
- set sat speakers to small
- higher the center DB level
- higher the subwoofer DB level a tiny bit (must not be too overwhelming but it was 'downgraded' quite alot (-6db)
- crossover is set to 100hz

Now the problem consists of 2 things:
- I'm under the impression that it takes a while for the subwoofer to kick in (switch set to auto)
It actually switches on/off quite alot during a movie (unless my volume is upped)
I would expect that from the moment some sound is being produced the subwoofer would be activated for the duration and any crossover is done without any form of 'disturbance'.

- Whenever the subwoofer kicks in I hear a somewhat disturbing clicking sound. Is that normal? I wouldn't mind if it didn't switch on/off again during a movie/song. Or perhaps I wouldn't mind the switching if there was no clicking sound ...

Thanks
Tom

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
smettuh said:
Hi,

I recently bought my first home cinema system, the QAcoustics 7000i 5.1 home cinema package in combination with the AV Receiver Yamaha RX-v479.

Even though my setup isn't fully optimal as all 4 speakers are very close to the ceiling and I'm sitting right under the surround speakers I'm truly amazed by the sound it produces. Not surprisingly however when coming from integrated TV speakers. ;-)

But I do have quite some doubts whether the subwoofer works as it should be.I used the Yamaha mic to automatically setup the speakers. (subwoofer crossover set on max, volume to half)Few things I manually adapted:- set sat speakers to small- higher the center DB level- higher the subwoofer DB level a tiny bit (must not be too overwhelming but it was 'downgraded' quite alot (-6db)- crossover is set to 100hz

Now the problem consists of 2 things:- I'm under the impression that it takes a while for the subwoofer to kick in (switch set to auto)It actually switches on/off quite alot during a movie (unless my volume is upped)I would expect that from the moment some sound is being produced the subwoofer would be activated for the duration and any crossover is done without any form of 'disturbance'.

- Whenever the subwoofer kicks in I hear a somewhat disturbing clicking sound. Is that normal? I wouldn't mind if it didn't switch on/off again during a movie/song. Or perhaps I wouldn't mind the switching if there was no clicking sound ...

ThanksTom
auto switches on subs are not great just leave the sub on when using it.

smettuh

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
The power switch and standby switch (on/off/auto) are hidden. Seems like a hastle to manually switch it off/on.
I wonder if it consumes alot when it's powered on and nothing is playing.

smettuh

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
The power switch and standby switch (on/off/auto) are hidden. Seems like a hastle to manually switch it off/on.
I wonder if it consumes alot when it's powered on and nothing is playing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts