Q Acustics 2000i sampling rate?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I assumed by the tech specs the maximum it can handle is 48khz. Am I correct in thinking this? I have finally decided to properly calibrate my TV so I am now going to begin maximizing the most out of my sound system. Many thanks

AVR: Onkyo 609

John Duncan

I'm slightly confused by the question. Firstly, by 2000i do your an the series - ie 2010i, 2020i etc?

Secondly, tech specs of speakers (up to 20khz for example) have nothing to do with sample rates (eg 44kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz). Do you mean if you're playing 16/48 or 24/96 music will the speakers handle it?

A

Anonymous

Sorry 2000i cinema package. Yeah, currently I have my PC set to 48khz as I assumed because it said between 22khz and something else the maximum I can have is 48khz. So I could set my PC to 192khz and 24bit without hurting my speakers? :)

John Duncan

Yes you can.

The sample rate of music (44khz, 48khz, 96khz etc) is only tangentially related to frequency response, and is probably a conversation for another day. In short, however, it's more a measure of the ability of a recording to recreate music as accurately as possible. Whether higher sample rates are audible is definitely a discussion for another day :) Happy to expand if you wish though.

However, the very best human ears can only hear up to about 20khz, so any quoted frequency response of a speaker - and that is what you're quoting - around 20khz is perfectly normal and fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts