Q Acoustics unveils neat and flexible M20 desktop speaker system

manicm

This is not a ‘compact’ speaker system. I’ve had a look at the dimensions on the website, and they’re too large for a ‘desktop’, unless your desk is humongous.

It‘s 279mm (H) x 170mm (W) x 296mm (D). The depth is nearly as long as many traditional bookshelf speakers like the B&W 606.

So in effect it’s a very niche powered bookshelf speaker for pc/Bluetooth/TV users, except their PC/laptop will least likely be on a desk.

Guess I’ll be sticking to my MM1s for desk+laptop duty then.

Last edited:

manicm

Q acoustics 3030i is larger and it is just a big bookshelf speaker

• Overall dimensions (HxWxD): 325x200x329

Does not change the fact that the M20 is too large for the average desk. The 3 series are already deeper than average speakers, and I emphasise again - the M20 is nearly as deep as a 606 at 296mm. That is simply too large for for an average 70cm deep desk.

What should also give you a clue is that while they have an equalisation switch to allow for close to wall placement, they also supply bungs for the rear bass ports.

doifeellucky

Once again What HiFi promote the myth that Bluetooth can transmit Hi-res audio….😣 AptX HD has a bandwidth of 576 Kbps…..just over a third the quality of CD (1411 Kbps). Shameful and misleading to beginners.
Probably just regurgitating the official marketing without any real understanding, not even taking the time to check some of the details, such as the ‘compact’ dimensions. Unfortunately that’s fairly typical these days.

doifeellucky

Once again What HiFi promote the myth that Bluetooth can transmit Hi-res audio….😣 AptX HD has a bandwidth of 576 Kbps…..just over a third the quality of CD (1411 Kbps). Shameful and misleading to beginners.
Just read Darko’s piece on this announcement, and he specifically commented about how certain hi-fi publications would probably get this wrong, based on the way the marketing is written.

What surprises me is that these mistakes happen far too often and never get corrected.

Reactions: Tinman1952

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts