Q Acoustics QAV

salparadise

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've just been reading the reviews of the QAV system and it looks ideal for my girlfriends house (possibly mine too, as I look to go for a more subtle approach to home cinema, currently using a mixture of QA 2020, 2000C, 2010 AND BK Gemini). Does anyone have any 'real world' experience with this set up and if so what are your opinions? Many thanks Sal

A

Anonymous

Hi, I had a QAV system for a couple of years with a Denon 1909 amp. Overall the sound was good, punchy and fast. The sub can be hidden away or fixed on a wall, but it can resonate up the wall if you do. It doesn't spoil the performance, but if your other half's in bed, she'll not be happy. I know! Surround speakers are great at producing a big sound field, were ever you chose to place them. The only down side is that the LCR speaker is bigger than you might think. My wife called it the tash. She hated it. Its was mounted on the QAV table stand. It'll probably look better if you mount it on the wall. It comes with the wall mount. Overall great with TV and movies. Good with music, but lacks stereo imaging. Superfi are or were doing a great deal on it as well! £299 I think.
Hope this helps you make your mind up.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I've been using mine for just over a year now. For the price, you'll struggle to find better. I watched Inception on Blu-ray, and the sound was awesome, proper sofa shaking bass. I've got the LCR wall mounted, and the rears just below the coving. People don't expect the sound to be that good, but they are always blown away. Highly recommended.
emotion-21.gif

salparadise

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to to reply. For some reason I have decided I want something a little less conspicuous than what I have at the moment, this might just be that thing. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't only just bought my current gear! oh well. Thanks once again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts