Q Acoustics M20

alex.g

Mar 11, 2022
Visit site
Can a turntable really be used with these speakers? I don't see a ground connection available on the speakers...
Also, is there a dedicated stand for them or do they work with the existing Q A ones?
Thanks!

Can a turntable really be used with these speakers? I don't see a ground connection available on the speakers...
Also, is there a dedicated stand for them or do they work with the existing Q A ones?
Thanks!
To use a turntable, you’d connect at ‘line’ level, so either you'd need one with a built in phono stage, or use a separate phono preamp. In both cases there won’t be an earth lead at the speaker end. The ground/earth will be connected to the phono stage only.

I would expect these to fit the existing Q3000FSi stands as they use the 3020i cabinet, I believe. Suggest you check with your dealer or QA before buying however.

Welcome to the forum, and don’t be disappointed that the magazine won’t reply to you. They don’t respond to reviews!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
you're right re stands, the 3000fsi are listed in the manual along with the Q3000WB wall brackets

picked these up at the weekend in white for a change to match furniture and surprised how nice they sound, really well balanced speakers, sound great from small footprint and the extra settings for speaker placement makes them a very flexible/tidy solution - picked up from ebay with the nector discount for £330

if had to be picky the only think that is slow is adjusting volume, not sure if that is because takes a while to respond or if they have just put a lot of steps in

wouldn't hesitate to recommend them

Last edited:

Thanos

Aug 6, 2022
Visit site
Just got the M20 and because i want to get sound from both PS5 and Pc was wondering if there is a difference in audio quality if i connect them through USB to Gigabyte M32U instead of plugging them to Pc. Pc is connected to M32U via Display Port.

vag1989

May 14, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I am thinking of buying the m20 for my living room (about 30m2), to use them as an all in one solution (turntable, music, tv - movies). The available space is rather limited and I don't own any other decent audio equipment, so affordable powered speakers seems the way to go. I used to have a sound bar but it clearly lacked in music playback quality. Would you recommend the m20?
I am a bit confused about their power, or it isn't such a big deal? The m20 has an rms of only 64w combined (32+32), and the aforementioned 130w in the review is their peak power. I thought that rms is more important.
To sum up, the m20, the elac debut connex, or sth else? (Triangle br02 bt is also in my shortlist, although the m20 has the better price)

Hi, I am thinking of buying the m20 for my living room (about 30m2), to use them as an all in one solution (turntable, music, tv - movies). The available space is rather limited and I don't own any other decent audio equipment, so affordable powered speakers seems the way to go. I used to have a sound bar but it clearly lacked in music playback quality. Would you recommend the m20?
I am a bit confused about their power, or it isn't such a big deal? The m20 has an rms of only 64w combined (32+32), and the aforementioned 130w in the review is their peak power. I thought that rms is more important.
To sum up, the m20, the elac debut connex, or sth else? (Triangle br02 bt is also in my shortlist, although the m20 has the better price)
You might want to ask this question in the main hifi forum. This subforum doesn't get much traffic.

TRENDING THREADS