Q Acoustics floor standers

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
If you in the market for either:

Q Acoustics 1030i (RRP £230) or 1050i (RRP £330),

check out hifix.co.uk

1030i Black/beech.....................£169 DELIVERED!!!!!!!!! Thats a 26% discount off RRP. (Cherry - £211.40)

1050i Black only........................£229 DELIVERED!!!!!!!! Thats a 30% discount off RRP. (Cherry/beech - £299.49)

Ordered my 1030i's last night, and due to be on my doorstep in the morning....now that's service!!!!

By the way, I hear down the grapevine, that these speakers are getting a price increase from the 1st Feb too (10-15%).....so don't take too long to decide which one's to order............

Enjoy....................

T

the record spot

That's a top deal Pete - I'd have gone for the black version too (unconvinced by the look of the finish on the wood effect) and at £230 bar a penny delivered, that's hard to resist if you have the room for the larger pair.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I felt the 1050i was be over the top in my lounge, and the wife is not keen on floor standers so was pushing my luck anyway!!!!

So I went for the 1030i, which turned up on the doorstep at 9am this morning...fantastic delivery time - 24hrs from when the shop would have received/seen my order!!!

They are being 'run in' as I type- wow what a difference to the 1010i I was using before (part of the 1010i 5.1 setup). The sub is no longer needed for cd playback, and I can use the 'pure audio' setting on the amp for the first time!!!

No doubt, after some more hours 'running them in', they will be even better!!!

Absolute bargain, and the upgraded is completely recommended to anyone with the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker system.

Best part is that the wife came home at lunch time and actually liked them too!!! Yes, she liked them....I couldn't believe it!!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi Pistol Pete, do the 1030i's blend in well with 1010i surrounds? or is there now to much bass?

May upgrade to the 1030i's if they sound ok, then i can have 7.1

Cheers

Alan

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Alan,

Not watched a movie with it all yet-only received speakers this morning and letting them 'run in' with 2 channel music ALL day. Onkyo 606 didn't over heat either-good times!!!

Saying that, I did put a couple of concerts on earlier and it sounded so much better than the 1010i, and seems to work well with the rest of the system. Obviously, as the speakers are being 'run in', I have not re run the set up microphone yet, but did change the front's to 'full band' rather than the 80hz cut off I set up with the 1010i's. (Sounds so good, may not re run microphone, but do a bit of my own tweaking with the settings)

Anyway, I also did a quick test playing a concert without the sub, as the 1030i's seem to add a fantastic punch to the bass. Again the sub is set up at a cross over of 120hz, as they were used with the smaller 1010i's, and it was not overly noticeable when switched back on again. It seems to add a bit of extra body to the sound though.

With 2 channel music, I am now, for the first time, using the 'Pure Audio' button, and the sound has improved.

Saying that, tonight I bi-amped the 1030i's (only be able to have 5.1 now) and again it has improved the 2 channel sound quality by adding a touch more clarity, bass and dynamics to the sound it produces. (Speakers still being 'run in' too)

In conclusion, these speakers have added more dispersion to the sound, definitely more body and clarity. The bass is very good, but I do have one speaker about 10cm's away from the side wall-I think it would be better further away, but I don't have the space in the 14'x12' room. If your room is smaller, (if you talking 7.1, I assume you have a big room) these maybe a bit too much, but with a bit of room to breathe, I COMPLETELY recommend this upgrade.....

Hope that helps.........

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Alan,

Just to give you a quick update......

Changed crossover freq to sub to 80Hz, and it has made the whole sound much clearer with extra punch to the bass from the sub (20hz-80hz), compared to the 120hz.

Also, moved the 1030i freq cut off to 40hz, rather than 'full band'. Reason being the bass cone was moving like mad with explosions on movies, and I was concerned for its safety!!! 40Hz has made a massive difference with that problem (freq range is down to 48hz on the 1030i's). Finally I have turned down the sub about 5db's to help blend in with the new 1030i. Obviously the sub had to work harder with the 1010i's.

Did you upgrade to the 1030i's yet.......?

Hope this info helps.......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts