Q Acoustics and Amp question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey, I'm soon to purchase Q Acoustic's new 2000 stereo speakers and a Cambridge Audio Azur 340A SE amp to power them. One small thing I'm unsure of...would I be able to hook a games console or DVD player up to the speakers with the amp?

I know a receiver would give better results, but would I be able to connect, say, my PS3 to the TV with HDMI, then throw a 3.5mm lead from the TV's headphone output to the amp's 3.5mm input on the front, and get half decent stereo sound through the speakers? I currently own some Audioengine A2's and this method works with them, but any luck this working with my future setep? Thanks for any advice.

A

Anonymous

Hmm, just when I thought I was close to having my system picked out, ha.

Does anyone else have any views on the best budget (say £200) amplifier for the Q Acoustics?

A

Anonymous

wot about a cheap sony reciever...

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdh500/sony-strdh500

ive got this one just for my dvd surround sound, it does the job, well worth it for the money.

If you want an amp ill have to have a think, wot model speakers do you want to get / have?

A

Anonymous

I dont have a ps3, but would of thought if it has stereo sound out, you could just plug it into an imput on a normal amp? what sound outputs does a ps3 have then?

A

Anonymous

The Q Acoustics 2010's. I quite liked the idea of getting the CA 340 as CA also do a decent similarly priced CD player and receiver which I may purchase in the future. Seemed nice to have everything made by the same brand.

A

Anonymous

With the PS3 I use HDMI, and with other games consoles I use component cables. At the moment I have everything plugged into the back of my TV.

matthewpiano

Manic Inc:The Q Acoustics 2010's. I quite liked the idea of getting the CA 340 as CA also do a decent similarly priced CD player and receiver which I may purchase in the future. Seemed nice to have everything made by the same brand.

Don't let me put you off if you've decided. I just feel the NAD gear is a better match. They also do a similarly priced CD player - the C515BEE. The Cambridge stuff is excellent. I've had a 340C CD player for a long time and I've used it both in my main and study systems at various times. It is very good for the money.

A

Anonymous

Either or for the 2010s, the budget type CA or Nad range will be fine i think. I understand what your saying about them matching and i agree.

I take it you have a ps3, and other things, and you want to put a pair of 2010s either side of your tv, and have an amp, and a cd player in the future to play cds?

Would you not be better getting e reciever?

upto you like...

I had to get a reciever, just for my dvd player, thats why i choose a cheap one.

Its a pity you couldnt get all your components, via 2 phono, each one to be able to plug straight into imputs on a stereo amp. just what components do you have?

A

Anonymous

quickset way to sort it out, is i would at the very least get a half decent 3.5mm jack to phono stereo lead, and do what youve done in the past.

dave

A

Anonymous

I have a PS3 for blu-ray movies (HDMI), and an Xbox 360 and Wii which I connect with component. Mainly I want the Q Acoustics for music playing which is why I opted for an amp over a receiver. I would mainly be connecting an iPod or laptop to it until I later buy a CD player or maybe even just a good DAC.

Budget wise I could buy the Cambridge Audio 340R Receiver at the same time as the amp, which is only £140 graded from Richer Sounds and got 4*'s from WHF. Still, if there's a simple way to just connect everything I need to the amp I'd rather that.

A

Anonymous

Something like this from the TV to the Amp maybe, with all components going into the back of the TV?

http://www.hificables.co.uk/11675/Profigold-PGA3402--3-5mm---2-RCA.html

A

Anonymous

yeah thats the kind of cable. get a cd player and matching amp, that you want.

then just come out of your headphone socket on your tv and plug other end into your amp.

the same type of cable could be used to connect your ipod to amp aswell.

i have my pc connected to my amp this way, with such a cable and it sound fine just at the minute.

go for this setup, then in the future if you wana take it further, you can look for a seperate reciever if you want to.

dave

A

Anonymous

I would look at what you can get from NAD, as oppose to CA tho, but thats just my opinion...

A

Anonymous

Alright I'll try and give them a listen. Thanks a lot for all the advice. Much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts