Q Acoustics 2010i - wow

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi lads, just want to share my humble purchase with you!

Yesterday i bought the Q Acoustics 2010i.

i'm very..very pleased with the detailled sound, i lost some bass compared to my floorstanders. I'm giving them lots of playing at modest and low level at the moment :dance: .

The detail/insight is also great at low level. I hear a lot more detail in my cd's and FM radio.

Another big plus are the looks, i got hem in glossy white. 8)

I placed them on my cabinet, i know dedicated stands are better but I dont have te space any more to accomodate floor or standmouters. The bassport is bunged, my grilles are on, litte to-in and the space is 7 cm from the back wall.

I'm going to enjoy some more music now, :wave:

If you have any experience with your Q Acoustics monitors, please share your experience.

A

Anonymous

They are cracking little speakers. As you say some stands will work wonders.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I started with 2050 floor standers before heading down the path of darkness, but I've kept the 2050s and waiting to add some 2010s at the in-laws to make them a great cinema room. The Q acoustics are fabulous speakers and great value/looks.

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
thanks guys,

i'm now playing REM Automatic for the People, the guitars are amazing! :rockout:

What stereo amplification would be ideal for these gems. :type:

matthewpiano

They are pretty gregarious partners but do work extremely well with NAD amplification. Try a C316BEE or a C326BEE for starters. Might also be worth exploring the latest Denons - the PMA520AE and PM720AE.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
dalwen said:
thanks guys,

i'm now playing REM Automatic for the People, the guitars are amazing! :rockout:

What stereo amplification would be ideal for these gems. :type:

Fantastic, its a genuinely exciting moment when you hear clear sounding guitars through a good hi fi. Those Q Acousitcs seem to be very good with acoustic music.

Hope you enjoy many hours with them. Matthew's suggestion is good. The NAD 326 or what I have or the Marantz will be great with your speakers.

moon

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Yep, the 351A is an excellent amplifier and well worth considering. In terms of price/performance ratio I think it is one of the best things CA make.

yup had no probs, very well built amp. Great price and an onboard DAC. hoping it will be a good match with my speaker upgrade to.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
What speakers are you going for? I'm guessing something from EB/Arcaydis given that they are being made?

correct EB1. I've decided to have something built and worth waiting for. A final set of loudspeakers for me and something I've had my eye on for ages. Incidently the 685's were on the list

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I used to own the older Q Acoustics 1010i speakers as part of their 5.1 system and in terms of value for money they're cracking speakers. You'd be hard pushed to find anything better for the price.

They're an enjoyable listen but the high frequencies were a bit too soft and warm sounding for my liking and I felt it robbed the sound of a bit of detail and sparkle. This does however make them very pleasant and easy to listen to for long periods of time without them ever getting tiring.

Glad to hear you like yours. I hope they give you many years of enjoyment. :)

SteveR750

moon said:
matthewpiano said:
Yep, the 351A is an excellent amplifier and well worth considering. In terms of price/performance ratio I think it is one of the best things CA make.

yup had no probs, very well built amp. Great price and an onboard DAC. hoping it will be a good match with my speaker upgrade to.

The same as the 100 or the magic+?

I can see why it's popular whichever one it is.

A

Anonymous

Why does everyone say 'in terms of' these days. It's annoying and overused..........

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
moon said:
matthewpiano said:

The same as the 100 or the magic+?

I can see why it's popular whichever one it is.

I don't actually know which Dac is in the back. All I know is that when I feed it a lossless file it produces the same quality as a cd playing. I don't play any high resolution files which is good because Redbook is its limit.

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys for the amplification suggestions.

When funds allow, i will audiotion CA351/NAD316/PMA720.

I have made up a shortlist, the prices are currently sliced in the netherlands. I will explore the following

Denon PMA720 from € 449 to € 279

Pioneer A30 from 299 to € 219

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
that wont be an upgrade to your rx-497(actually find it good enough) the A30 pioneer would sound smoother than yamaha. never heard the sx-20 but think wont be much different than the A30.

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
thank you, your post is spot on!

On this moment i'm enjoying it....the reasons why im thinking about upgrading are the following.

1. the current pricecuts makes it tempting to upgrade

2. I would like to add streaming to my setup

3. If i spend money on new gear I would also like that the soundquality will be improved.

4. I like a hifi setup containing one brand/make only (beside the speakers)

My functional specification

Amplifier, FM radio, CD playback, streaming (web radio) enough inputs for TV/Wii/Bluray.

MyShortlist,

Marantz MCR603

Denon PMA720/DNP720.DCD720

Onkyo TX-8050+C7070

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts