Pure UK DAB Radios are not DAB+ compatible

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I was considering taking my Pure Evoke 1S radio travelling and wanted to find out if it was DAB+ compatible/upgradable. On Pure's website it shows the DAB+ logo on the overview page, however on the specs page it says that the UK version of the product is only DAB/FM compatible, whereas everything sold outside the UK is DAB/DAB+/FM compatible.

Looking at a few other products on Pure's website... the One, One Mi, One Elite, Mio, etc I found a similar pattern... the UK radios are not DAB+ compatible.

I raised a case with Pure about this, and they said my Evoke 1S was not even upgradable to DAB+, and the only way I could guarantee getting a product which is DAB+ compliant would be to buy it abroad.

I'm pretty surprised that Pure are selling non-DAB+ products in the UK, but a DAB+ compliant model everywhere else in the world. I would've thought it would be easier and cheaper to simply manufacture one global version of a product.

Whether the other product lines are upgradable to DAB+ I'm not sure, I only asked about my Evoke 1S. But I'm surprised some of their portable radios aren't DAB+ compliant or upgradable.

I just thought I'd post this to make people aware, as I was very surprised.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Unless your planning on taking it abroad, I wouldnt worry about it.

Our government are so pre-historic I cant see us ever switching to the DAB platform permanently let alone DAB+

Its all a farce at the moment, the switchover just keeps pushing back and back and even if they do sort it out it wont be the DAB+ format.

Totally useless situation - our countrys not even giving the DAB platform a chance.

The FM purists must be grinning from ear to ear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts