Psx-r on pre amp or power??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

A quick question, where do you think the best place to add a power supply to would be, the pre amp or power amp and for what reasons?

Cheers,

Phil

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Putting the psxr on your power amp will give the speakers some more power. If you already have enough power going to the speakers putting it on the pre amp will improve the quality of sound. To be honest tho i can barely tell the difference with my pre amp, when i was using a psxr with an 8vs2 intergrated it made a massive difference filling out a lot of the amps leaness so maybe you will have better results with yours.

A

Anonymous

Yeah was thinking the pre amp as it should improve the signal to the power amp, so will have to see.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Is it a new psxr you are buying, if not i would keep it on the cd player. If its another unit it would be worth experimenting between the 2 options, it is possible the extra oomph gained from connecting to the power amp gives a better gain by controling the speaker drivers that little bit better. When i was running one 8 power i had my psxr connected to it as my speakers lapped up the extra grunt. Anyways it would be nice if you post your thoughts.

A

Anonymous

Its a repro unit (new one) so I will have another psx-r to play with. My speakers are not a hard load to drive, but will try it on both the pre and power then feed back the reslts from my testing.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I've got a psx-r on the CDP and 8vs2 acting as a Pre. I used to have one on the X Power but on experimenting, found it was better without so got rid of it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts