PSB M4U2 or B&W P7

Mad_Andy84

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.
I'm looking to buy a premium set of headphones and am looking at the PSB M4U2 and the B&W P7. I know they are two different headphones, in that the PSB's are noise cancelling, however, I'm considering whether I need the noise cancelling facility or not. It's certainly handy to have on flights but I'm wondering if the P7's do a decent enough job of isolating noise to be used on a flight?

Also, I've read that noise cancelling headphones tend to have slightly lower audio quality. The PSB's do have the advantage of being used with or without noise cancelling, so I'm assuming there would be no loss in quality if used with the built in amp, without the noise cancelling?

In terms of what I'm looking for, I'd like to have a good balance between detail and fun sound. I like to hear the separation in the instruments but at the same time, I don't want something ultra detailed but lacking character. From what I've described, I'm leaning towards the P7's, however, I'm unsure how flight friendly they'd be in terms of outside noise.

I have listened to the PSB's and must say they were extremely impressive, however, I'm finding it difficult to find anywhere around me that has a demo set of the B&W's, which is why I'm asking here.

One final thing, I have a reasonable collection of Flac lossless music, which I use often, however, I do also use Spotify at 320kbps. At that bit rate, do any of you reckon that either headphone will show up imperfections in the recordings? Ideally I'd like all of my music to be lossless, however, I do like the convenience of Spotify.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Jens Rief said:
Hi,

I am in the exact same position now, and I came upon your question. Did you ever make a decision?

Given that the OP last logged on 14 months ago, and only made 1 post in his entire life on the forum, I think the odds on the OP reading your post, are slim.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts