PS5: release , price, specs and news for the PlayStation 5

Dogbreath5

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
One interesting twist is Sony may be working on a 3D hologram accessory for the PS5 for multiplayer games. A light emitter with an eye tracker could project an image directly to the user's retina to give the impression of a hologram floating in mid-air. Exactly what images Sony has in mind is another thing but you may want to reconsider multiplayer gaming in your pants.

The underlined sentence, are you serious?
What does keep multiplayer gaming in your pants mean?
Is it a typo?

Aug 20, 2020
Visit site
the ps4 did not offer a physical drive like other ps3 ps2 and ps1. its was xbox that offered the 4k optical drive. from my point of view i was disappointed with ps4 lack of 4k physical drive and it reallyu felt like a letdown and in more ways than one. attacked to my amp a denon 2600h i can call with google assistant to turn on any and all my devices and turn them off with a voice command. the ps4 cant do this as its not suported. yet xbox one s does.
id say the ps let down the av community in a pretty big way as most people i know who have invested in 5.1 and 5.1.2 and 7.1 systems are all voice controlling, mostly with alexia and a few with google all have ps4s and all have to turn them on and off manually.
ill wait till 2022 when sony release the ps5 pro and ill see if ps5 can turn on and off via voice. seriously, lack of voice, lack of support on the sony ps4 for its own headphones the 250 pound sony wh1000 m2 and m3 and all the other issues like loud and slow make the pa4 my av bad friend. as a ps fan till 1 month with ps4 on release date and now 6 months on xbox s i can honestly say xbox is more av friendly with its 4k atmos playback and great netflix software. just a shame Microsoft has lost plex app on xbox really.

Reactions: Josepsh

Josepsh

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
the ps4 did not offer a physical drive like other ps3 ps2 and ps1. its was xbox that offered the 4k optical drive. from my point of view i was disappointed with ps4 lack of 4k physical drive and it reallyu felt like a letdown and in more ways than one. attacked to my amp a denon 2600h i can call with google assistant to turn on any and all my devices and turn them off with a voice command. the ps4 cant do this as its not suported. yet xbox one s does.
id say the ps let down the av community in a pretty big way as most people i know who have invested in 5.1 and 5.1.2 and 7.1 systems are all voice controlling, mostly with alexia and a few with google all have ps4s and all have to turn them on and off manually.
ill wait till 2022 when sony release the ps5 pro and ill see if ps5 can turn on and off via voice. seriously, lack of voice, lack of support on the sony ps4 for its own headphones the 250 pound sony wh1000 m2 and m3 and all the other issues like loud and slow make the pa4 my av bad friend. as a ps fan till 1 month with ps4 on release date and now 6 months on xbox s i can honestly say xbox is more av friendly with its 4k atmos playback and great netflix software. just a shame Microsoft has lost plex app on xbox really.
the ps4 doesn’t have a physical drive ??. .

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-PS4-Bluray-Drive-KES-490AAA/dp/B017KOEARW

rgxni

Nov 12, 2020
Visit site
So, yeah, I'm out.

PS5 is extremely disappointing, I'll be sticking with my PS4 for the forseeable.

PS5 may be fast, impressive graphics and all that - but it's critically low on storage; and that storage is not even expandable.

I have 4TB SSD in my PS4, so to only have around 650G usable is a disaster.

I gather the PS5 doesn't even have an optical audio out, for all the hype about it's improved audio system that's alarming.

I shall wait for the next/refresh model and won't waste my monies on this over-hyped nonsense.

es345

Nov 12, 2020
Visit site
The PS5 does not support Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision. It's just ridiculous for a so called next gen console. XBOX Series X supports both. To me this screw up is as big not putting a 4K DVD in the Pro.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts