PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Note to bb: should try checking your original post, was on there before jc :)

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/ps3/is-this-the-ps4

think you're too pre-occupied with your new motor, mind u don't blame you! Nice car :cheers:

manicm

Psst all you Xbox One haters: Sony has been lying to you. So secondhand games on the PS4 are unrestricted right? NO! Just read that, like the X1, it will allow publishers to place any restrictions they desire on secondhand games. So sorry, no free lunch for you as well.

At least Microsoft didn't hide anything from the public. This is downright deception on Sony's part.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
There is a lot of rubbish flying arounf the net at the moment to do with PS4 & Xbox One , one source has claimed that the restictions of second hand games on the Xbox One is basicly a load of rubbish, though yes Xbox 360 games will not work.

Just take things with a pinch of salt until further details have been released by Sony and Microsoft because 3rd party news groups just love to talk

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
lxd55 said:
Note to bb: should try checking your original post, was on there before jc :)

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/ps3/is-this-the-ps4

think you're too pre-occupied with your new motor, mind u don't blame you! Nice car :cheers:

Well it was very close! :)

We'll have some more PS4 pictures and info online later today from our man in LA...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
manicm said:
Psst all you Xbox One haters: Sony has been lying to you. So secondhand games on the PS4 are unrestricted right? NO! Just read that, like the X1, it will allow publishers to place any restrictions they desire on secondhand games. So sorry, no free lunch for you as well.

At least Microsoft didn't hide anything from the public. This is downright deception on Sony's part.

Where did you read it?

manicm

professorhat said:
manicm said:

Where did you read it?

Over to T3 old friend. Like Microsoft, Sony themselves will place no restrictions, but unlike MS they were being a touch too economical with the truth as third-party publishers can place restrictions.

manicm

landzw said:
There is a lot of rubbish flying arounf the net at the moment to do with PS4 & Xbox One , one source has claimed that the restictions of second hand games on the Xbox One is basicly a load of rubbish, though yes Xbox 360 games will not work.

Just take things with a pinch of salt until further details have been released by Sony and Microsoft because 3rd party news groups just love to talk

landzw - this much is official and does not require further interpretation:

Both MS and Sony employ DRM (see my reply to ProfessorHat), insomuch as while they themselves place no restrictions, they will allow 3rd party publishers to do as they please for 2nd hand games. That's all there is to it.

manicm said:
professorhat said:
manicm said:

Where did you read it?

Over to T3 old friend. Like Microsoft, Sony themselves will place no restrictions, but unlike MS they were being a touch too economical with the truth as third-party publishers can place restrictions.

Well, Sony allowed publishers to region lock PS3 games, but the publishers hardly ever locked them. I don't see this as a problem.

manicm

A bit too early too tell. The genres I love i.e. RPGs/adventure have no replay value for me, and I'd like to think that I could sell/trade them legally. But the publisher of Fallout, Bethseda(?) are still 'thinking about fees'. And I'll bet EA are 'thinking' too. And they have the games I love i.e. Fallout, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, as much as I'd love to hate the electronic fascists.

D

Deleted member 2457

Got some comparisons here:

http://www.t3.com/features/microsoft-xbox-one-vs-sony-playstation-4

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
At the moment, PS4 seems to have the upper hand: more powerful, almost no DRM, requires no internet connection and is £80 cheaper than the Xbox One.

It sure does, i can buy the game i would like and the PS4 and still have change left over compared to buying a Xbox One

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Reading through various reports, one thing springs to my mind. Both machines have 500 GB hard drives, but the Xbox One has three partitioned operating systems to allow all its live TV gubbins / Windows 8 business to work and multi-task effectively. This is great for performance, but expect a sizeable chunk of that 500 GB to be used up on these three OSes. We know from the Surface that Microsoft aren't shy about dedicating big chunks of the internal drive to the operating system so this shouldn't be surprising.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
I don't understand the reason for not putting 1 or 2 TB drives. They're not that much more expensive.

Maybe they'd rather you streamed your media content? At least the PS4 will apparently let you expand it.

It'll be xbox for me though despite some annoying quirks, it has the exclusives I like. And all the media gubbins they're stuffing it with might have a use - maybe. :?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
manicm said:
professorhat said:
manicm said:

Where did you read it?

Just found the article. Seems to suggest this is currently true on PS3 and Xbox 360 as well, but there don't seem to be any issues with these consoles? Also, this is a direct quote from Sony communications director Dan Race:

"When a gamer buys a PS4 disc they have right to use that copy of the game, so they can trade-in the game at retail, sell it to another person, lend it to a friend, or keep it forever."

Very much suggests there will be no issues selling on games once you've played them if you want to.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I really cant see the xbox one selling i have owned both the ps3 was aweful and the xbox is class but sony have my vote on this one they have listened to the gamers make a cheap unit and let people buy the add ons like extra controller headset camera online pass ect .

they have admitted there online is majorally flawed and they look like have sorted it by getting a new server in november and charging us at last cod fifa and killzone will be lag free and far less hosts migrations.

The controller was poor again they have listened made it heavier and spread out the toggle sticks so your not having a thumb war, plus no trigger kits its built with them on.

And the dash board and set up menus are so bad on the ps3 and again sony have copied xbox and made a fun easy to browse fronmt end.

Xbox have got greedy with rules and regulations and forcing people to own the kinect is poor more .

cross game chatting is now on the sony ps4 again spotted a simple flaw and sorted it.

It looks to me ps4 will win easy and well done to sony for seeing the ps3 as a flop and doing something about it.

now to just allow streaming of bigger files than 4gb would be to good let me get rid of my wd streaming box.

Whats everyone pre ordered

D

Deleted member 2457

Good deal here:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Video-Games/Bundles-and-Consoles/PS4-Console(0107741)?searchPosition=1&cm_mmc=Affiliate_GAN-_-k242901-_-Text-_-Primary&utm_campaign=k242901&utm_content=Text&utm_medium=Affiliate_GAN&utm_source=GAN&clickid=0004e1c85fa8e1cf0ae0cdcadf003d55

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts