PS3: WHAT ARE THE BEST SETTING FOR MUSIC?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just wondered what are the best setting to use for listening to CDs?

PS3 connected to the Amp via Optical lead and; Current settings are :Import AAC, Crossfade; Playback Off; Audio CD output freq 44.1/88.2/176.4; Bitmapping: Off.

What is Bit Mapping? 

Thanks again for the help. 
[/list]

A

Anonymous

Faizal,

Thanks very much. I set the bitmapping to ÿtype 3 now.

A

Anonymous

Rip your CDs to WAV on the computer and then copy them onto PS3.

Connect the optical output of the PS3 in to the best DAC you can afford.

A

Anonymous

Isn't AAC the same thing as WAV except for the Mac/ Windows? Since I have an Apple computer it rips music files to AAC. I agree that music sounds much better on the PS3 hard disk than CD playback.

A

Anonymous

Andrew, Thanks very much for clarifying that.

Could anyone please tell me how would I go about ÿconverting AAC to WAV on an Apple Mac? Do I need to get some sort of software?

Many thanks ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

The point of WAV is it's lossless. The comment above meant that the best way filetype to play from your PS3 is WAV but you need to have ripped your CDs at lossless. I'm afraid with AAC you've already lost some of the data so there is no point converting back to WAV. Not 100% if the PS3 can play back AAC from iTunes but you are best sticking to that if it can unless you want to reimport your music (worth doing, you can add an external hard drive to the PS3, follow profesorhats link at the bottom of his posts).

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much, Octopo. Yes, I was thinking reimporting all my music to an external Lacie ad hooking it up to the PS3.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts