PS3 Uncompressed sound question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a PS3 with the latest firmware update (1.93). I have it connected via a QED quinnex HDMI lead to an Onkyo TX-SR875 amp. When I set up the audio settings for the PS3, all of the sampling rates were checked automatically.

My question is this. When watching a blu-ray disc, I have the listening mode on the amp set to 'direct' mode. If I press the 'display' button on the remote to bring up the current sampling rate, it says it is currently at 48KHz.

When I go into the Blu-ray set up options and change the format to uncompressed, I expected the Onkoy to be displaying a higher rate than the previous 48KHz, but it doesnt.

Im still quite new to new new sound formats , so I might be missing the point or have got the wrong end of the stick. If anyone can shine a light on it, it would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Hi again, just going to bump this post up as it has slipped down a page. If anyone can help, thatd be great.

A

Anonymous

Your gonna have to wait when Sony decides to add a firmware update,meanwhile enjoy 7.1 sound from your hddvd's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts