PS3 - KIDDIE TROUBLE

clle

May 31, 2008
Visit site
My 3 year daughter kindly decided to "post" a cardboard disc (about the size of a 50p) through the dvd slot on my PS3 - any advice on how to remove or to open up the machine ?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
If it were mine I would take off the outer caseing to get access to the drive unit, tho this may void any warrantry if under 12 months old.

A

Anonymous

I think the only option you have is to actually ring Sony, its dodgy opening the console yourself, especially if you dont know what you're doing. Their customer service number is: 08705998877 and they're really helpful. Im guessing if you dont have Playstation insurance and with an expired warranty you will have to pay for it. One of my PSN contacts has recently had to have his faulty bluray drive replaced and they charged £95 for it. You'll never know if you dont ring.

Im guessing nothing happens when you press the eject button on the console? Sorry if that doesnt help, when the problem is fixed I would always keep a bluray always in the machine to prevent it happening again....or you could always put your child up for adoption!! haha

Feb 9, 2008
Visit site
For the PS3 Go to a computer repairs shop, either an independent or at PC world, they'll at least have the right tools for the job.

The adoption service should be able to solve the 3 year old problem ...lol

A

Anonymous

My mates 3 year old kid shoved toast into his new DVD player! How I laughed
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

You could try gently tipping the PS3 onto it's side, slot side down and altering the angle. with a bit of patience it may just fall out. Scott2

clle

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I rang the the helpline number quoted and they suggested "youtube".

I have managed to take apart, remove the object and put back together.

The adoption agencies can rest in peace !!!

TRENDING THREADS