ps3 error message

bigdigger

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi just got a ps3 for christmas. I am delighted with its picture performance and i have connected it to the wifi in the house. When I try to update the software it tells me it has found a new update and states that it is downloading but the % never changes from zero and after a few minutes an error message comes up stating that there was a problem connecting to the server. I am hoping that this is due to several million users trying to up-date their new christmas presents. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I've had the same this afternoon - yet internet connection is fine (browser works, etc). I reckon it's just the Sony download site having a glitch or (as you say) overloaded. I'll try again tomorrow and update....

ianandyr

Sep 1, 2008
Visit site
We fired up our new PS3 on Xmas day also. So far we've downloaded the system update, game updates for Motorstorm, LBP and Bioshock all without any issues. Also downloaded the demo of Echochrome last night just to see how the PSN store worked. That was also fine.ÿ

So far I'm very impressed with the network side of things on the PS3 - everything has downloaded very quickly and the integration of updates so far has been seamless.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts