PS3 3D firmware Update

A

Anonymous

In a rival magazine they mentioned it, when they reviewed it. Also if you google PS3 3D firmware Update there is a fair amount of rumors surrounding this.

A

Anonymous

yes sorry, 2010 it might be happening but you would need 3d tv running 200hz.and the glasses
emotion-11.gif

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Anyone read the magazine this month? If you look at the 3-D section of the mag you will find the OP is indeed correct (sort of)....for those who didn't read it here it is:

' Although there have been no firm announcements from Sony or Microsoft regarding 3D, it's no secret that both companies see it as the future of gaming. Could Gran Tourismo 5 be a flagship 3D title? Well, we've already seen a 3D version of the game in action, and it looks amazing. We've seen a number of other games running in 3D, too, and if we're yet to be convinced by 3D movies, we're sold on 3d games. Motor racing titles do seem to work most convincingly, but LittleBigPlanet's cutesy graphics also pop off the screen brilliantly. And just imagine Call Of Duty with bullets flying right out of your TV. Now that's what 3D was made for.'

It would be nice to know if the PS3's or 360's that have been seen running 3D were in any way modified consoles or just a standard console running the 3D software...one for the WHF team to confirm then!

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I think Sony said there would be a software update for the PS3. In view of the upcoming motion controller, and how much the PS3 has cost Sony already, it's unlikely they'd release a '3D version' of the console.

I'd be more impressed if you don't need a new television .....

A

Anonymous

Oldboy: (quoting the mag) And just imagine Call Of Duty with bullets flying right out of your TV. Now that's what 3D was made for.

Indeed. If anything drives takeup of 3D (which I'm still highly sceptical of) it will be gaming and the adult entertainment industry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts