PS3 3.50 Firmware update lossless audio problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I updated to 3.50 and i don't have lossless audio now. My receiver and TV are not 3D they are HDMI 1.3. I thought that problem was only with 3D titles. I have an old PS3 and the PS3 is connected to the receiver with an HDMI cable and up to now the audio output was set to LINEAR PCM with the PS3 doing the decoding on lossless soundtracks. Now there's no sound unless i change to bitstream and get inferior Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks. Why didn't the report say that it was all BDs and not only 3D BDs?

A

Anonymous

yes i know that, and that's what i'm talking about. i changed to bitstream to get sound after the update because there was no sound with bd after the update. I had it to linear pcm before with the ps3 decoding.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
If what you said there is correct, I would expect an update soon to sort out the problem.

Perhaps the WHF team would be kind enough to let Sony know? (Ill check mine today sometime to confirm)

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Just check mine with RAMBO. PS3 decoded TRUE HD 5.1 no problem

Maybe its disc specific? Maybe its only 7.1 it wont do? (Ill go see if I actually have any 7.1 discs)

***EDIT***

Out of all the bluray discs I have, not ONE is 7.1! Best I have is xmen 3 which is 6.1

TRENDING THREADS